Deadball base awards

dvangundy
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3638 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Sit: Bases loaded no outs.  Line drive to second base he catches and attempts to double the runner on first who is going back to the bag.  He over throws and ball enters DBT.  Where are runners placed?

Sit: Bases loaded no outs. Line drive to second base he catches and attempts to double the runner on first who is going back to the bag. He over throws and ball enters DBT. Where are runners placed?
2 bases from time of pitch. I would imagine all the runners have not reached their successive base anyway, so time of pitch and time of throw would be the same result. Man on 2nd and 3rd score. Runner from 1st will get 3B

Sit: Bases loaded no outs. Line drive to second base he catches and attempts to double the runner on first who is going back to the bag. He over throws and ball enters DBT. Where are runners placed?

2 bases from time of throw, as the throw is not the first play by an infielder.

I would imagine all the runners have not reached their successive base anyway, so time of pitch and time of throw would be the same result.

Man on 2nd and 3rd score. Runner from 1st will get 3B

The catch isn't considered the first play, so this is a TOP award, but you are correct that it doesn't matter in this case.

To the original poster, don't get confused by which base the runner was headed to (which is why these questions are often asked).  It's irrelevant.  Award bases from the last base the runner occupied.  Also, the runners must retouch their bases or be in jeopardy of being put out on proper appeal.

I agree with the placement of the runners as described by JaxRolo and ALStripes17.

• Like 2

2 bases from time of throw, as the throw is not the first play by an infielder.

I would imagine all the runners have not reached their successive base anyway, so time of pitch and time of throw would be the same result.

Man on 2nd and 3rd score. Runner from 1st will get 3B

The catch isn't considered the first play, so this is a TOP award, but you are correct that it doesn't matter in this case.

To the original poster, don't get confused by which base the runner was headed to (which is why these questions are often asked). It's irrelevant. Award bases from the last base the runner occupied. Also, the runners must retouch their bases or be in jeopardy of being put out on proper appeal.

I agree with the placement of the runners as described by JaxRolo and ALStripes17.

Thanks for clarification @grayhawk. My mistake (edited previous)