Coming to Philadelphia

Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3688 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Hey all,

Wondering if any of you have connections to leagues or umpires in Philadelphia? I am originally from Oregon and have umpired for a number of years consequtively, but have been away for work around the US since August and will most likely be missing this season back at home. I'll be in Philadelphia starting in the next couple weeks for work and it would be really nice to connect with some of the local city leagues as well as maybe meet and chat with some local fellow umpires.

As some of you might know first hand, after umpiring for numerous years, an umpire may just catch the "bug" and continue to umpire to just be around the game.

Let me know if you might know of any Philly Leagues or if you are in the area.

Have a safe and successful season.

Adam (Celerion)

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Adam, I live in a suburb of Philadelphia, but I don't work HS (PIAA). In PIAA, there are two city and eight suburban chapters. If you will be limited to the city, you might contact the presidents of the two city-based chapters: Philadelphia Chapter, Russell Lickfield, lick1227@gmail.com; Central Philadelphia Chapter, Arthur Chapman, chap24@netzero.net.

Still snow on the ground, and fields must be swampy, so I'm not sure when the HS season will actually get underway. Although the season open, officially, March 21, it might start with a lot of cancellations. The American Legion season here begins mid/late May.  --Roy