Ebay finds

catsbackr

18 minutes ago, Aging_Arbiter said:

Don't be surprised if you're putting this CP on in the parking lot, and a young player passes by and yells "HEY KOOL-AID"!

I think you might be over-estimating the market share that Kool Aid may have with the yutes of today. Seems to me that most would have never come in contact with it since it isn't sold in 16, 32 or 64 oz bottles they can sip on throughout a game even when they ride the pines for the entire game.

You don't think precious would be expected to drink from a common cooler would you?

And as a side note, if Kool Aid broke through the wall now he would probably be taken down by the local tactical team for creating a public concern, trespassing, promoting a conspiracy, and endangering the welfare of children.

Just sayin...... :rantoff:

1 hour ago, BT_Blue said:

First thought was... "holy crap. Under $20 for a Wilson TI!" Then read it and saw the photos. That is a pretty gnarly place for that mask to break at. I dont think even Tony could do something with that!

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F123656538344

I don’t know how a crack like that could happen. The cut looks to clean to be a weld break 

On 2/27/2019 at 9:52 AM, BT_Blue said:

I wonder if there is any way to fix that?

Sure there is. It’s a non-critical joint. In fact, if I took a good examination of it, that actually might be the end joint, butted together, and really poorly spot-welded.

Titanium is a PITA to weld because it oxidizes so rapidly. In the case of steel, this oxidation is much slower and it is reductive. We call it rust. Titanium oxidizes by transfiguration, and the outer layer becomes a hardened skin, unable to be permeated or bonded. In order to weld it, the welder either has to act very quickly or has to pass a charge through it to stave off the oxidation process.

So, to fix that via welding, the joint has to cleaned with acid, then the mask needs a charge passed through it and re-welded.

Or, a ferrule could be crimped around it, just to immobilize it. That might be the easiest, cheapest, most effective way to do it.

6 hours ago, MadMax said:

Sure there is. It’s a non-critical joint. In fact, if I took a good examination of it, that actually might be the end joint, butted together, and really poorly spot-welded.

Titanium is a PITA to weld because it oxidizes so rapidly. In the case of steel, this oxidation is much slower and it is reductive. We call it rust. Titanium oxidizes by transfiguration, and the other layer becomes a hardened skin, unable to be permeated or bonded. In order to weld it, the welder either has to act very quickly or has to pass a charge through it to stave off the oxidation process.

So, to fix that via welding, the joint has to cleaned with acid, then the mask needs a charge passed through it and re-welded.

Or, a ferrule could be crimped around it, just to immobilize it. That might be the easiest, cheapest, most effective way to do it.

Too much work Max.  It's as if you'd never heard of duct tape. Geesh.

• Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, kylehutson said:

Nobody wants to know about your personal life.

Then, I can't share I found a plate jacket too? 

I only have HS ball (navy of course in Ohio) until May normally, so no real need of a black plate coat.  I've always thought they were pretty neat but didn't want to spend a fortune ($250+) on one... so I found this one yesterday in Navy.

image.thumb.png.b49ad8f12c11d35b292fcd4888d5f971.png

• Like 1

Just now, wolfe_man said:

I only have HS ball (navy of course in Ohio) until May normally, so no real need of a black plate coat.  I've always thought they were pretty neat but didn't want to spend a fortune ($250+) on one... so I found this one yesterday in Navy.

:wow: Yeah, you can share that.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, wolfe_man said:

but ........did you SNAG it?

1 minute ago, Thunderheads said:

but ........did you SNAG it?

Yes, sir!   It was a Buy It Now price of $25 + 10.50 shipping, so $35.50 total to me.   It hasn't shipped yet though... said up to 3 business days after sale.  I figured I could gamble with a price that low.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, tpatience said:

I guess @MadMax was too slow. I was going to get it but I don’t need another mask. I did get the brand new all American on there though

I had to look three times, I thought I was seeing something wrong.  I didn't see the AA or I'd have jumped on it.  Nice catch!

25 minutes ago, tpatience said:

I guess @MadMax was too slow. I was going to get it but I don’t need another mask. I did get the brand new all American on there though

Just now, wolfe_man said:

I had to look three times, I thought I was seeing something wrong.  I didn't see the AA or I'd have jumped on it.  Nice catch!

Of course! I havent trolled Ebay for about a week or two cause there was NADA of interest on there but the spiffy orange Riddell. Now there is a brand new AA and an Adidas!

• Like 1

Just now, BT_Blue said:

Of course! I havent trolled Ebay for about a week or two cause there was NADA of interest on there but the spiffy orange Riddell. Now there is a brand new AA and an Adidas!

It's hit-or-miss, you know that.  It has been a very dry spell for a long time... hardly anything good until recently. 

16 minutes ago, wolfe_man said:

It's hit-or-miss, you know that.  It has been a very dry spell for a long time... hardly anything good until recently. 

That's true. I think I also am still kicking myself for not looking closer to that Mizuno mask you snagged last year.

1 hour ago, wolfe_man said:

You didn’t see it bc I got it as soon as I saw it. Didn’t even wait. Thought about the adidas got a minute but decided not to get it 

• Like 1