Ebay finds

catsbackr

38 minutes ago, BT_Blue said:

:wow:

Bad news though.  Guy won't respond to anyone now and it's still listed on CL.   I know several guys interested but guy quit responding.

I was able to find out it is a 13" and it belonged to his Grandpa.

1 hour ago, wolfe_man said:

Bad news though.  Guy won't respond to anyone now and it's still listed on CL.   I know several guys interested but guy quit responding.

I’ve called and texted him with no response. Almost like he doesn’t want to sell it

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, wolfe_man said:

Wow! What am I missing here?

$56 and $15 shipping... and still time left!  I see these on CL for $15 all the time.

Capture.PNG

It's crazy! I'm seeing these pop up every so often now. There was a while when they completely disappered. And now they are back.

12 hours ago, BT_Blue said:

It's crazy! I'm seeing these pop up every so often now. There was a while when they completely disappered. And now they are back.

People are digging through their attics 

• Like 2

On 3/23/2018 at 6:04 PM, tpatience said:

Yep

On 3/23/2018 at 12:15 PM, wolfe_man said:

Anything ever come of this?

On 3/21/2018 at 6:52 PM, wolfe_man said:

0C8EAD02-42DF-4F28-98DE-F782E24B58A7.jpeg

I keep looking at this thing (Riddell Power), and shaking my head... at how f#€ked up our Patent Law system is to prevent this from being produced (any longer).

I’m thinking of what it would take to make it not be Patent infringement... 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, MadMax said:

I keep looking at this thing (Riddell Power), and shaking my head... at how f#€ked up our Patent Law system is to prevent this from being produced (any longer).

I’m thinking of what it would take to make it not be Patent infringement... 

Mainly the velcro attachments to the plates.

I tell you what, I have the good fortune of owning of these. I picked it up last summer. I really started using it this year. I put a “RazzerFlex” harness on it, and I can’t say enough how great this protector is. Forget about the “cool factor,” it just performs well, and I seriously feel like I’m not even wearing a protector at all

I would imagine that this could be achieved with the Wilson gold if someone were able to get a pad made for it that was about half the thickness of what it comes with, and in place of the wings, just flare out the pad like the platinum or the original power did. 

What happened to the guy that was working with a foam manufacturer to make a replacement pad for his Wilson. Did he have any luck? 

• Like 1

@blue32, the person that you are referring to was me. I had some material that I was invested in and made a replacement padding complete with a sports mesh incasing it for my champion CP. I used it in the last part of fall baseball season last year and thru the first few games here this spring. I was treating it just like normal right down to cleaning and keeping it in my equipment bag over the long winter months.  Last weekend I felt some movement  in it and  investigated when I got home to find that the 1/2" thick material had cracked or split horizontally across the CP. Not a good sign. Cut it open and it looks similar to a dry rot split but without any brittle hardness in the foam.  

• Sad 2

12 hours ago, midtnump said:

@blue32, the person that you are referring to was me. I had some material that I was invested in and made a replacement padding complete with a sports mesh incasing it for my champion CP. I used it in the last part of fall baseball season last year and thru the first few games here this spring. I was treating it just like normal right down to cleaning and keeping it in my equipment bag over the long winter months.  Last weekend I felt some movement  in it and  investigated when I got home to find that the 1/2" thick material had cracked or split horizontally across the CP. Not a good sign. Cut it open and it looks similar to a dry rot split but without any brittle hardness in the foam.  

Oh no, that's awful, I'm sorry to hear that! 

13 hours ago, midtnump said:

Well ............. CRAP! :( 

2 hours ago, jwclubbie said:

Yup... grand theft larceny right there.

Couldn't tell... that is steal right? (And yes, the "steal" spelling was intentional.)