Team Wendys

flastyle727
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3782 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

HS 18U Travel Ball --

F2 sets up inside, F1 throws a fast ball it bounces in the dirt and F2 misses it with his glove. It nails me in the face and knocks my mask off. The hit was hard enough to crack my throat guard. DC comes flying out of the dugout to see if I am okay, I turn and smile and say "Thank you "insert name", I didn't even feel it.

Team Wendys is 110% worth it's money. No doubt about it, my partner bought his pair this morning after seeing the "ill effects" :D

i get to use them starting Friday morning, they showed up later than i would have wanted to (was hoping to have them last friday) but im looking forward to seeing what all the fuss is about.

I have 3 sets, won't wear a mask without them.

I too have 3 mask and won't wear a mask without them. Some products are just great improvements and these TW pads are one of those products. Put them on your mask and enjoy the safety....

Got mine took a foul ball to lower part of mask and knocked it off my head.  Didn't feel a thing threw the ball and and got started again.

Sounds great!  Except there's just that small problem of stuttering/repeating yourself afterwards.  :smachhead:

LOL.  Couldn't pass it up.  Sorry.  :wave:

• Like 1

TW double feature last night!

Semi-Pro wood bat; first foul hit my refit WG on the wing where there's TW, but no plastic. A sting, but nothing lasting.

Later a foul off the chin of my Honig/TW. It was hard but no scrambled brains.

TW a winner again.

Got mine took a foul ball to lower part of mask and knocked it off my head.  Didn't feel a thing threw the ball and and got started again.

Sounds great!  Except there's just that small problem of stuttering/repeating yourself afterwards.  :smachhead:

LOL.  Couldn't pass it up.  Sorry.  :wave:

I had the same issue after my mask got knocked off. Catcher talked with pitcher and came back and asked if I was ok. I said thanks Janet. He looked at me kind of funny.

• Like 1

Funny use for Team Wendys pads

I have 2 M107 (A2A1) rifles and a new Model 99 rifle.

Both have great recoil suppression BUT will still let you know you have pulled the trigger.

I try to put 100-200 rounds per week down range on my place- 70 acres with a 300 yard range in my north pasture.

Last week I duct taped an upper Team Wendy pad to both weapons.

Wow what a difference!  

Funny use for Team Wendys pads

I have 2 M107 (A2A1) rifles and a new Model 99 rifle.

Both have great recoil suppression BUT will still let you know you have pulled the trigger.

I try to put 100-200 rounds per week down range on my place 70 acres with a 300 yard range in my north pasture.

Last week I duct taped an upper Team Wendy pad to both weapons.

Wow what a difference!  

Yeah but did you hit the target!

Send a pic to Team Wendys

3 touching each other at 200 meters. Now at 2000 meters thing aren't as close as they were a few years ago BUT I can still put 1 in center mass at 2000 meters all day long.

When that LARGE round gets there it is still VERY angry at that distance!

Question...

I have the Wilson Titanium standard contour mask right now and love it. I've been thinking about getting TW pads and after reading this thread I've decided I'm going to pull the trigger.  What TW pads will fit this mask?  Also, what is the cost on these pads?  Thanks,

Jeff

Men,

Team Wendys with a Wilson Titanium mask are even better than your testimonials say they are.

I got the frame in January 2011. Replaced the leather pads and got the black Team Wendy pads January 2012. I have not been hit on the mask by a ball since I bought the Wilson mask in Jan 2011. :stir

Obviously it's the mask and pad combination that made sure I haven't gotten hit by a ball, so buy yours today!  :hi5::nod:

• Like 1

Question...

I have the Wilson Titanium standard contour mask right now and love it. I've been thinking about getting TW pads and after reading this thread I've decided I'm going to pull the trigger.  What TW pads will fit this mask?  Also, what is the cost on these pads?  Thanks,

Jeff

They will definitely work on that mask. I've used that combo the last two seasons now. TW pads are about $40 at UA or Honigs.

Specifically for me, the difference between TW and other pads is being hit in the face with a baseball bat vs getting hit in the face with a door.  I absolutely believe the same force is blunted and spread across the area of the padding. 

My sons try to skimp on equipment, but I would not allow them to skimp on pads (TW) or cup (NB).  TWs are that good. 

• Like 1