Shirt Color

JohnT
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 5555 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

I am looking into getting another color or two to add to the shirt inventory. All I have now is the navy with white and red stripes, and the powder blue with the white and navy stripes.

What colors do you have in your inventory, and which do you recommend for a "fun" color? Im thinking of getting a black one, but there are many options.

:shrug:

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am looking into getting another color or two to add to the shirt inventory. All I have now is the navy with white and red stripes, and the powder blue with the white and navy stripes.

What colors do you have in your inventory, and which do you recommend for a "fun" color? Im thinking of getting a black one, but there are many options.

:shrug:

John, in my neck of the woods, we use the MLB style of powder blue - that is, the light blue shirt with the black collar; out here, the powder blue with matching collar is considered a softball shirt, although every now & then I see a few guys wearing the one w/ the light blue collar. I'd recommend the MLB powder blue w/ the black collar.

There are some guys out here (very few) that wear the cream jersey, but it's pretty rare to see it.

I'd also recommend a black jersey; lots of associations wear those, and our HS association has told us we may all be wearing them in a year or two.

The real question is what do the guys in your assoc have? I have dark blue, Lt bue like your's, the MLB blue mentioned above, cream, black and grey. Our group defaults to the dk blue but can wear anything else as long as you match. I have an old red but nobody uses it anymore.

I like the grey, and am going to one up this year for summer tourney season. Also, i'd like to see the white with the black collar catch on for summer ball as well. I think it's sharp looking, and adds another lighter color in the mix for those 100+ degree days.

Better check with your association. They may dictate what color to use. In my association (Nova Scotia, Canada) we can only use the navy blue ones except for members that are nationally certified and working a national championship where they ca use either the black or powder blue and must be matching. My 2 cents but only applies here.

Check with your association. Here in Cali Navy Blue is the default color. But we can wear Black, both Lt. Blue's and Cream. Just have to match. I would get the MLB Lt Blue with Black collar and Black

Edited by gv59

My association keeps it simple, baseball = Navy, softball = powder. That's just HS. The other leagues I do nobody cares except that 90% of us only carry the 2 colors.

When I work the college summer ball, the college guys might ask if I have another color, so I disappoint them.

I'm not into the fashion of it all and like it very simple.