An ataboy to Ump Attire for fast service

shane1
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3922 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Ordered a new pair of Reebok Zig mid plate shoes Wed night after taking a foul to the toe in the first game of a dblheader. I just used standard shipping and got them today! 3 days from order to delivery is pretty good in my book! 

As for the shoes, I have worn them inside for an hour or so to stretch them out but don't have a game until Monday. They are a little more comfortable than my old NB but I'm not sure they cover as well yet. This was my first order from UA but won't be my last. They even included a $5 off for my next order.

• Like 1

Ordered a new pair of Reebok Zig mid plate shoes Wed night after taking a foul to the toe in the first game of a dblheader. I just used standard shipping and got them today! 3 days from order to delivery is pretty good in my book! 

As for the shoes, I have worn them inside for an hour or so to stretch them out but don't have a game until Monday. They are a little more comfortable than my old NB but I'm not sure they cover as well yet. This was my first order from UA but won't be my last. They even included a $5 off for my next order.

UA always is great.

My question is why did a foul to your toe of your NB shoes cause you to order the Reebok Zig so fast?

Where the NB not Plate Shoes?

Sorry for my slow reply Semper. Yes, my NB are plate shoes but they didn't help when they were in my bag upstairs! LOL! I realized the heel was coming loose just before game time and had to wear my base shoes (I know, stupid move) I had noticed several post saying Reebok was really light and comfortable so I gave them a shot this round.

Sorry for my slow reply Semper. Yes, my NB are plate shoes but they didn't help when they were in my bag upstairs! LOL! I realized the heel was coming loose just before game time and had to wear my base shoes (I know, stupid move) I had noticed several post saying Reebok was really light and comfortable so I gave them a shot this round.

Fix your NB plates with Shoe Goo.

This stuff glues leather to teflon!

I would but they are just wore out. Just a matter of time before they would blow out somewhere else. We have a couple of new guys so I passed them on to help one of them get started.

I got to try out my new Zigs tonight. They are light and comfortable. I didn't get hit so really don't know how well they will block a shot to the foot but my feet, legs, and back do feel better than when I wore the NB.

• 3 weeks later...

I would but they are just wore out. Just a matter of time before they would blow out somewhere else. We have a couple of new guys so I passed them on to help one of them get started.

I got to try out my new Zigs tonight. They are light and comfortable. I didn't get hit so really don't know how well they will block a shot to the foot but my feet, legs, and back do feel better than when I wore the NB.

What a shame they don't come in wide widths.....

• Like 1

What a shame they don't come in wide widths.....

Hey Pete I don't know if you read the advice on plate shoes thread, but LMAO at you gave a link to this place http://www.myshoespo...erm=-magistrate . When you click on the link they do have the last years model Reebok plate shoes in the low and mid cut height in standard widths and 4E wide. Good price at 64.95.