It's nice to be organized....

Thunderheads
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4004 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

How are you liking the Air Max shoes?  I have worn the same pair since last season and they're still in good shape but I'm getting worried because I don't see them on eBay much anymore.  I've been searching for a backup pair that I could rotate.  

Keep looking!!! You'll find 'em!

I love them ....super comfy and easy to clean!

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

First thing I noticed was the base shoes. I've worn a pair the last three seasons. Absolutely love the shoes (not the price though) keep searching ebay and even eastbay, foot locker, champs. They'll have the previous year models at times.

I'm fairly anal about my setup, but yours is more picture-worthy.  (ie, my setup works for me, but yours works for you too)

I'm not an OCD kinda guy, but with my ump gear, holy SH*#oly.  I double, triple, and quad-check to make sure i have everything.  I carry extras too, which have come in handy.

Belt: how many times you pulled a belt too far and broke it?  I have......20 minutes before game time!  not good.

Indicator: I have an extra stashed in my right-hand ball-bag just in case.

Pants: I've split more than 2 pair already, thankfully I had that other pair in the car for the JV game. (NO...the splits weren't in the crotch...sheesh)

Cup/Jock: Your P sometimes forgets his.  (Has happened twice this year already)  If you don't wanna do 2 plate games in a row, invest in this.

Cup/Jock: Your P sometimes forgets his.  (Has happened twice this year already)  If you don't wanna do 2 plate games in a row, invest in this.

If he has the second game on the stick, mine is always for sale.  Price 1 game fee.  Either way "someone" is learning a lesson. 

How good are Air Max shoes?

They are the most comfortable shoes I have ever owned, however I blew out both pairs that I owned.  The local store that I purchased them from replaced both.  The first time with another Air Max and the second time I settled for Zigs.  The Zigs are very comfortable as well, but no where near the Air Max.

How good are Air Max shoes?

They are the most comfortable shoes I have ever owned, however I blew out both pairs that I owned.  The local store that I purchased them from replaced both.  The first time with another Air Max and the second time I settled for Zigs.  The Zigs are very comfortable as well, but no where near the Air Max.

Thanks.

Any certain model and any idea on how big they run?

I've worn the 2012 all black Version for two years now and absolutely love them. They run true to size IMO

I am in the market for some new base shoes BUT I need size 16.5 to 17.

Hard to find.

Thanks

I've worn the 2012 all black Version for two years now and absolutely love them. They run true to size IMO

I am in the market for some new base shoes BUT I need size 16.5 to 17.Hard to find.Thanks

Boat Store

• Like 2

The problem with the Air Max's is that they don't make a leather version anymore.  The 2011 was the last one they made in leather, but it's all perforated and not quite as good looking.   The 2010, in my opinion has been the best looking version to be uses as base shoes........