Snow

Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4016 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

I'm supposed to be at a scrimmage on the 19th.  Forecast is for rain/snow, temps in the low 20's with a wind chill of about 15.  Oh yeah, there is still snow on the ground.  Think I'll be working?

yeah right!! LOL

Jeff, I don't see us starting (at this rate) the week of April 8th when everything kicks into gear!  Can't see the fields being ready!

I'm supposed to be at a scrimmage on the 19th.  Forecast is for rain/snow, temps in the low 20's with a wind chill of about 15.  Oh yeah, there is still snow on the ground.  Think I'll be working?

yeah right!! LOL

Jeff, I don't see us starting (at this rate) the week of April 8th when everything kicks into gear!  Can't see the fields being ready!

I agree.  My first regular season games are on the 21st & 22nd of March.

i finished my game saturday in a steady snow and this week looks bad

Was looking forward to working a game with you this week. 3+ inches on the ground, now freezing rain. I'd say it's a good guess we're not playing tomorrow.  Doubt I'll be on the field for Thursday's game either. 

Have an outdoor DH scheduled for Saturday.   No snow melting today.

Here's today's weather forecast:

Tuesday 3/19: Sunny, still windy, and colder. Blowing snow will still cause some problems in open areas. High: between 17 and 22. (record cold high: 15 in 1965) Winds: NW 15-25 MPH. Morning wind chills between -25 and -10, afternoon wind chills in the plus single digits. Chance of measurable snowfall: 0%.