Base Shoes

mjr_2013
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4064 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

I've done pretty darn well this winter in acquiring my needed gear for spring...

~Wilson Platinum Shin Guards for $50

~Base Pants for $10

~A couple shirts for $15

The one thing I still need to find though is a pair of new or very gently used base shoes, much preferably all black. My current base shoes I bought used, and to say that they have seen better days is an understatement. The sharpie is wearing, and I know the high school association would like all black shoes.

If you have a pair you'd be willing to sell, see a good deal online, or have a suggestion, let me know please!

Thanks!

IMO, shoes are one thing you should buy new. People will have their shoes wear differently, and after multiple games on a tourney weekend, you want shoes that are comfortable to you.
I agree! Buy new!

Take Jocko's advice, spend the money and get these new.  Shoes will last you years.  For $50 you'll more than get your money's worth

I'd would definitely prefer new... The reason I put "or very gently used" was more for if the choice came down to either a pair worn twice in a scrimmage for $20 or the same pair, brand new for $100, I'd probably go with the used ones, because I could still break those in.

Thanks for the links Jocko!

With the first, I like the price a lot, but I think it's got a bit too much white for me and the association.

The second is definitely a good option. I like the price and the white (or silver) is probably low enough to please the higher-ups...

Unless I see a better option by my next check, I'll probably purchase one of those two.

I'd would definitely prefer new... The reason I put "or very gently used" was more for if the choice came down to either a pair worn twice in a scrimmage for $20 or the same pair, brand new for $100, I'd probably go with the used ones, because I could still break those in.

With the first, I like the price a lot, but I think it's got a bit too much white for me and the association.

The second is definitely a good option. I like the price and the white (or silver) is probably low enough to please the higher-ups...

Unless I see a better option by my next check, I'll probably purchase one of those two.

I have both, I haven't worn the Mizuno's because I am in love with the zigs. I've used the NB 950's the last 3 seasons and hate them compared to the zigs.

Once you go zigs, you won't go back--- except in softball since evidently white on shoes is only for baseball umpires.  :banghead:

I've heard the nay-sayers complain about the white on the zigs. Those of us that actually own them have no complaints.

Reminds me of a cp thread :Horse:

I wouldn't mind the zigs if the bottom sole and the "zig" edges were the only white. It's those stripes that make almost the entire shoe white that annoy me.

I'd love it if I could find some reasonably priced all black zigs.

If I'm able to get that much white to pass, I'd go for it, for sure... I would quote the actual uniform requirements it has listed if I could, but I'm getting a "This site is temporarily unavailable" message right now.

I'll show you what it says when it's back

I have both, I haven't worn the Mizuno's because I am in love with the zigs. I've used the NB 950's the last 3 seasons and hate them compared to the zigs.

Once you go zigs, you won't go back--- except in softball since evidently white on shoes is only for baseball umpires.  :banghead:

Seen these? Zigs do come in all black... http://www.ump-attire.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=RZIGMAGIS-BL&Category_Code=UMPIRE-BASE-SHOES&Product_Count=9 .

Sadly, for the second time on a row... they do not make the all black shoes in a mid. I don't, for the life of me, know why. They just don't.

No mid cut and now 2e of 4e at all. They already have a design how hard would it be to add a few more versions?