New UI

johnnyg08
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4029 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Warren,

I like the new UI it looks really smooth.  I do have one question/suggestion.  Does the board software allow for a "spoiler" type of entry system that allows users to put content in a hidden section that is marked by a spoiler button that other viewers can then click on to view that content? 

In my minds eye this would allow users to pose a question (especially rules and mechanics) and then allow for anyone to put in their answer with references, and then allow people to choose which responses they choose to look at and in which order.  I believe this would allow more people to throw out their idea's and then also allow veteran posters and rules guru's to go ahead and post whenever they want instead of holding off and waiting for others to reply.  It would allow more lurkers and young guys the opportunity to go researching and digging for themselves instead of just reading the answer right away, unless they wanted to of course.

I am a regular player of a strategy game call Civilization, which has an incredibly huge on line community.  They have used this method for years in various manners which is where I first thought of it maybe crossing over to here.  You can check out their site here:  http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=143

Not sure if it's even a reasonable idea but thought I would share.  Thanks for all the time and effort you put into U-E, it is the best of the officiating sites around.  :clap:

• Like 2

Warren,

I like the new UI it looks really smooth.  I do have one question/suggestion.  Does the board software allow for a "spoiler" type of entry system that allows users to put content in a hidden section that is marked by a spoiler button that other viewers can then click on to view that content? 

I've added a new spoiler system.

for now you will want to enclose your "hidden text" in spoiler bbcode

your regular text here....

your hidden text here 

so you type what you would like here...

the hidden text is here

I will work on putting a button in the text/reply menu soon.

Enjoy!

• Like 1

Sounds like a really cool feature.

But just one more thing that Jocko won't be able to figure out.

That's awesome!   Can't stop laughing.  

Also, I have been hiding stuff from old guys with this trick:  

Don't tell Semper the hippies are coming. 

• Like 3

Sounds like a really cool feature.

But just one more thing that Jocko won't be able to figure out.

That's awesome!   Can't stop laughing.  

Also, I have been hiding stuff from old guys with this trick:  

Don't tell Semper the hippies are coming. 

He'll never find it!   :beerbang