JonnyCat
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4124 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Hi Everyone. I've been lurking on this site for a couple of years now and decided to finally join. I've learned alot and enjoy the insightful comments and discussions. I've been involved in youth baseball for 12 years now, have 2 boys that still play, one in high school and one in LL Juniors. 8th year of umpiring, LL and travelball, big and small diamond.

Before I get too old and ugly, I'll be attending the 2 week Wendelstedt school this January. Always wanted to do a pro school, more of a personal quest. It's not the full 5 weeks, I doubt my body could take it, but we will be in the same 5 week course only shorter. Looking to move up to high school ball and maybe some Juco. I've done alot of local and LL Western Region training, as a student and an instructor for my local LL district.

If anyone has some insight and advice about the Wendelstedt school, I would appreciate any information.

Some of you I may know already. I rubbed elbows with Grayhawk on a few occasions. Had the priveledge of working 2 divisional games at his LL field this year.

Really enjoy the site, and I hope to contribute on occasion.

Thanks

John

Thanks Michael, I really enjoy your posts. They are always well written, thoughtful, and insightful.

I should probably explain my nickname and avatar. A good umpire friend of mine has called me JonnyCat for years. It has kind of caught on for some of my friends. One day my umpire buddy was cleaning out a storeroom in his dry cleaning business and found an old bag of JonnyCat litter. Realizing that it was a perfect logo for me, he e-mailed me a picture, and the rest is history!

Hi Everyone. I've been lurking on this site for a couple of years now and decided to finally join. I've learned alot and enjoy the insightful comments and discussions. I've been involved in youth baseball for 12 years now, have 2 boys that still play, one in high school and one in LL Juniors. 8th year of umpiring, LL and travelball, big and small diamond.

Before I get too old and ugly, I'll be attending the 2 week Wendelstedt school this January. Always wanted to do a pro school, more of a personal quest. It's not the full 5 weeks, I doubt my body could take it, but we will be in the same 5 week course only shorter. Looking to move up to high school ball and maybe some Juco. I've done alot of local and LL Western Region training, as a student and an instructor for my local LL district.

If anyone has some insight and advice about the Wendelstedt school, I would appreciate any information.

Some of you I may know already. I rubbed elbows with Grayhawk on a few occasions. Had the priveledge of working 2 divisional games at his LL field this year.

Really enjoy the site, and I hope to contribute on occasion.

Thanks

John

Too late! :)

Welcome John - glad to have you here!

.hi john,welcome aboard...sweet,i was the new rookie on here...now its your turn...don't take anything serious on here when it comes to joking...alot of jokers on here but good guys....i will be at school for the 5 weeks. my advice is to go onto wendlestedt site and buy the two books for 2 man system...put in "2013 student" for 15% discount...........c you then...tom

• 2 weeks later...