Gallery is now available

Umpire in Chief
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4151 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I actually have to get some pictures of me on the field. My daughter wants a new camera for Christmas. I'll have to make a deal that a new camera comes with the stipulation that she follows me to a few games and gets some shots!

Now I actually have to get some pictures of me on the field. My daughter wants a new camera for Christmas. I'll have to make a deal that a new camera comes with the stipulation that she follows me to a few games and gets some shots!

I tried that. That's how I ended up with the 2012 album. Unfortunately she lost interest quickly. Maybe this year she will try again.

If you at a game and you see someone taking pics with a nice camera just ask them to send you a few, you'd be surprised how many photographers will do that for you for free!

I do that. In fact, by doing so, you almost guarantee that some shots will be taken of you.

One year, the mom was a professional photographer. She gave me her website, so I was able to see photos from other games (it's where my profile pic came from). It was eye opening to see how other umpires dress and position themselves.

I also peruse our newspaper's Prep section, as many photographs show up there. None of me (I don't get to work those high-profile games), but I still find some of our umpires.