The Walking Dead

Jocko
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4046 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

It was a moving target. Evidently the writers were not good about staying consistent There were two mentioned and an initial that would make it three. It was like Andy's address, he lived in the same house but had three separate addresses. They also waffled on Barney and Andy being cousins. It was understood that they were but then Barney introduced a cousin like Andy had no clue who he was.

It was a moving target. Evidently the writers were not good about staying consistent There were two mentioned and an initial that would make it three. It was like Andy's address, he lived in the same house but had three separate addresses. They also waffled on Barney and Andy being cousins. It was understood that they were but then Barney introduced a cousin like Andy had no clue who he was.

would that be Virgil?

• 2 weeks later...

Sons of Anarchy, IMO, is stupid with no entertainment value.

You shut your mouth when you talk about SOA.

So this topic is about the Walking Dead and you all are talking about Andy Griffith...at least you're half right.

Great season finale this week for SOA!

Anyone have Walking Dead season 1? I can't find anywhere.

• 2 months later...

Walking Dead rocks - although the grossness factor has ratcheted up this year 100%. Sons is entertaining but completely unrealistic. I'm catching up now and the Northern Ireland episodes sucked. But the best show on TV, BY FAR, , is Breaking Bad - can't wait til it returns.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

This is true.  Breaking Bad is the best written, best acted, most intense show on TV.  The Walking Dead's writing and acting don't compare to BB, but it's still one of the few shows I've seen every episode of.  SOA is the third one I watch.  It's not a great show by any means, but it's entertaining and it's not a reality show.  

My wife actually found a show that she will watch with me every week.  It's "The Americans" on FX.  This Wednesday will be the third episode.  It's really good.  The main characters are Soviet spies living in the DC suburbs in 1981.  

So this topic is about the Walking Dead and you all are talking about Andy Griffith...at least you're half right.

You can watch it on Netflix

Watched the return of Walking Dead last night. I think it is starting to lose my interest.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Glen Mazarra (Who took over for Frank Darabont running the show midway through last season and got the group off the farm) is leaving the show after this season is done.  I'll be interested to see where they go with it.  TWD tends to stick with storylines for too long (Farm, and now the prison is starting to get that way).  It is a good show but the writing seems to get stale and the acting suffers as a result.  

I agree and good point. I liked the first season because they were working towards something specific and it was an introduction to the world. It got a little stale in the second but with enough interesting things to maintain interest. This season, I'm still not sure. Hopefully they figure it out soon.

Oh and how about Season 5 of Mad Men on Netflix Instant already?

http://www.grantland.com/blog/hollywood-prospectus/post/_/id/67873/the-walking-dead-season-3-episode-9-the-suicide-king

A great review of the episode from this week.  These are the things I want to say about TWD but I can't put it into words as well as this guy does.

• 2 weeks later...

couchtuner.eu/the-walking-dead/

it has all seasons of just about any show you care to watch. just select the show, select the episode, then click the watch it here link and it will bring you to the streaming video.

She obviously wasn't as per her script in this eisode, but it looked like a female wearing a motorcycle helmet. Why the anonymity?

think of past females that you're not 100% sure are dead.... hmmmmmm... i dont know anyone for sure, just a thought...