Jump to content

Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member
Rook23

Mask Porn?

Recommended Posts

@Stk004 Almost the same set up. But mine is a Wilson titanium with a chopped chin guard with a SSK spyder throat guard. Of course with the Wilson grey and black wrap arounds.  

image.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member
17 hours ago, Stk004 said:

Update: Top left is a Wilson Aluminum with tan non wraparound Wilson pads. Top right is a Wilson aluminum with two tone Wilson wraparound pads. Bottom left is a silver diamond frame with gray and black Wilson wraparound pads. Bottom right is my aforementioned Wilson TI.

14688837308481347734999.jpg

Love the top-left tan-and-silver look.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All my masks together. 

plus pos with tan TW pads, Wilson titanium with black and gray wilson pads with SSK throat guard and wilson dyna-lite with black TW pads 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sure I don't have to explain these set ups to you gentlemen, but here goes:

from left to right...

Nike Ti w/ Wilson memory foam pads

"Fonzie" Rig - Mizuno 2QA-122 w/ Wilson black and grey wrap-around pads & SSK Spyder throat guard

Wilson Ti w/ Wilson tan leather pads

IMG_4472.JPG

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On July 19, 2016 at 2:51 PM, tpatience said:

image.jpg

In my personal opinion, I think the grey Wilson pads as shown above look better with the black frame. That's just me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rjt6 said:

In my personal opinion, I think the grey Wilson pads as shown above look better with the black frame. That's just me.

I prefer the silver frame. I feel like it showcases the pads more. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, rjt6 said:

In my personal opinion, I think the grey Wilson pads as shown above look better with the black frame. That's just me.

Ok? Well, IMO, i like the gray pads on the silver frame. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On September 14, 2015 at 8:30 PM, Platejob29 said:

I've used the new-view Wilson frames before and they have great vision but I think the Nike has a better view even with it being a little deeper frame.

Can someone explain the "new-view" idea to me? Right now I use a Diamond mask but I'm looking into the Wilson Titanium displayed on Ump-attire since the Nikes on eBay are getting out of my price range. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Can someone explain the "new-view" idea to me? Right now I use a Diamond mask but I'm looking into the Wilson Titanium displayed on Ump-attire since the Nikes on eBay are getting out of my price range. 

The "new-view" means the mask is low profile. The frame itself is not as deep and fits closer to your face giving you a better field of view... supposedly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JDavis225 said:

Can someone explain the "new-view" idea to me? Right now I use a Diamond mask but I'm looking into the Wilson Titanium displayed on Ump-attire since the Nikes on eBay are getting out of my price range. 

 

49 minutes ago, codizzled said:

The "new-view" means the mask is low profile. The frame itself is not as deep and fits closer to your face giving you a better field of view... supposedly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In addition to what @codizzled said, since the frame doesn't curve as much and as closer to your face, it could cause much more harm than if you were to get hit in the face by a foul ball with a regular mask. So the best advice is just to stay away from those in general.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rjt6 said:

 

In addition to what @codizzled said, since the frame doesn't curve as much and as closer to your face, it could cause much more harm than if you were to get hit in the face by a foul ball with a regular mask. So the best advice is just to stay away from those in general.

The Wilson titanium low profile is highly sought by MiLB umpires.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, gnhbua93 said:

The Wilson titanium low profile is highly sought by MiLB umpires.

I loved the low profile Wilson Ti. She's gone now, but she was nice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Stk004 said:

I loved the low profile Wilson Ti. She's gone now, but she was nice. 

Sooooooo it sounds like "she" is going to be like the highly sought after Nike soon? Obviously the one that Ump-attire is advertising is NOT the low profile "new view" one? Dang...I was hoping for a MAJOR upgrade from my Diamond. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, JDavis225 said:

Sooooooo it sounds like "she" is going to be like the highly sought after Nike soon? Obviously the one that Ump-attire is advertising is NOT the low profile "new view" one? Dang...I was hoping for a MAJOR upgrade from my Diamond. 

Funny you should mention such a thing......

1470716297877282864007.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JDavis225 said:

Sooooooo it sounds like "she" is going to be like the highly sought after Nike soon? Obviously the one that Ump-attire is advertising is NOT the low profile "new view" one? Dang...I was hoping for a MAJOR upgrade from my Diamond. 

All they offer is the cro-moly in low-profile.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×