Team Wendy West Vest Gold Retrofit

Fittske24
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3539 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Good point. But they kinda talked me out of it. I'll get the Douglas and redo it if/when it becomes necessary.

What did they say that talked you out of it? I know the pad attaches differently to the Douglas than the gold or plat, but except of the shoulder caps it just attaches with velcro...that would not seem like a different transition.

Looking for some insight. I have a Douglas that I might want to go that route. Kind of wishing I had held onto my Gold I sold last year to help finance Unequal....love the unequal, but this team wendy thing sounds pretty good.

She said "this Douglas" implying that older cps they will do, but can't do new ones. Then, when I thought about dropping that much juice, I balked. I will say that having seen a retro platinum in person, I would LOVE to have on. Problem is, I like 15" CPs. Only Douglas, All Star System7, and Champion come in 15". I traded off 2 WVGs, so now I'm down to 2 cps. My next will ne a 15" Douglas. No TW :(

The best thing for the texas heat are the right temp pads that UA and others sell. I have worn all types of CPs through the years and they are all hot....but the rite temp pads do the trick. I will never umpire without them in hot temperatures again if I can help it.

• Like 1

Can't a person still get a brand new platinum?  

I don't like the reason they give for not doing the Douglas.

That does not make any sense to me either. My new 13" Douglas looks just like the Old 15" Douglas that I sold...except for color. They are put together exactly the same. Probably after this season I would like to TW retrofit it. The Douglas fits me better than the Wilson Gold I sold last year.

When the time comes I might give them a call and see why they are not willing to do it. It totally changes the CP and gives it a new profile.

I wonder if they don't want places like Douglas/Wilson/ (direct manufacturers) shipping directly to them for retrofitting.

I wonder if you sent it to them from your residence if they'd do it.

If I was in that business, I don't know what type of problem that would be or what type of problem it could cause.  

I'm not sure why it has to be sent in. Unless its to insure a perfect fit the first time. I got the platinum retro that Franklin was selling and put it in the day it came in with a perfect fit. Seems to me they have the mold down and could be able to mass produce a couple and sell them to vendors of their choice. But hey what do I know.

I'm not sure why it has to be sent in. Unless its to insure a perfect fit the first time. I got the platinum retro that Franklin was selling and put it in the day it came in with a perfect fit. Seems to me they have the mold down and could be able to mass produce a couple and sell them to vendors of their choice. But hey what do I know.

I imagine its something along the lines of what Apple and Oakley do. They want to control distribution and supply.

• Like 1

How much did the retrofit for the Gold cost?

Blue they are getting $119 for the retro on the gold. It takes about 4 weeks on the turn around. I guess with the number of retros they are doing from the guys on this site alone you won't see it quicker than that 😡. They got mine on 1/2 and I was told to expect it back the first week of Feb