Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member
JamesC

NFL Referee Shoes

Remove these ads by becoming a Premium Member

Just order these:

http://4.nicekicks.c..._fl.jpeg?84cd58

They are pretty close and just as good looking.

Also, not sure why you would want to polish any Nike shoe. These aren't $50 Reebok Field Magistrates we are talking about. You'd prob want to save these for good fields or conditions and just wipe the clean after use.

That material would still me a mess on a decent field......

Not to mention-it's the same shoe as the NFL refs wear. : )

based on the picture I posted, ...the NLF refs have a leather/syth leather upper ......not the "hyperfuse" or whatever

Just order these:

http://4.nicekicks.c..._fl.jpeg?84cd58

They are pretty close and just as good looking.

Also, not sure why you would want to polish any Nike shoe. These aren't $50 Reebok Field Magistrates we are talking about. You'd prob want to save these for good fields or conditions and just wipe the clean after use.

Beware of the Air Max Nike shoes. I have had 2 pair and both pair have lost the air in the sole. The first pair was replaced by the shoe store with another Air Max and the replacements went "flat" also. The second time it happened I got a pair of Rebook Zigs instead. It was very frustrating and disappointing that my Nike Air Max went "flat", these were the most comfortable shoe I had ever worn. Both instances with my Nike's happened within 30 days of owning the shoes. I did not abuse or use them hard, just wore them to work, and I work in an office.

I just got these this weekend.... Diamond Trainer. Haven't done a game yet but wore them during my son's tournament to break them in. Very comfortable and they clean up great!!! No mesh!

post-1868-0-83166300-1353963973_thumb.jp

Grab the discounted zig's while you can. I have heard nothing but great things and I have the patent leather basketball version and love them.

Guys,

Much like what has already been said the NFL shoes are unique to the NFL officials currently. Thunder I've asked my contacts at Nike for years to get into the officials shoe game. Nike doesn't do it unless there are margins involved. We as much as we'd like to think so are not a big enough margin. And most officials won't spend the $100+ on the top end nike shoes. I own several pairs of the nike proto types that are paten leather, leather, synthetic etc in extra wide. Yes boys they do make them in extra wide if you know how to ask. But until Nike gains the MLB contract which is still a distinct possibility. Then they won't officially enter the game. They'll continue to allow the gear heads that really want them to seek them out. We might see these available next year if the trickle effect works out, but don't hope a pray on nike's made main stream in the near future. If you want leather airmax's they are available online and they do a good job on shine and staying clean with minimal white.

These aren't "official" shoes, per se. I've noticed that all on field personnel (ball boys, trainers, anyone not a player that is on the field) has a pair of these Nikes on. SO the best bet is probably to get a pair from the NFL team near you if you can find a friend of a friend to hook you up.

I just got these this weekend.... Diamond Trainer. Haven't done a game yet but wore them during my son's tournament to break them in. Very comfortable and they clean up great!!! No mesh!

I just don't understand why Nike can't make an Air Max like this shoe, or SOME other shoe with this type of an upper ... it's silly really

Guys,

Much like what has already been said the NFL shoes are unique to the NFL officials currently. Thunder I've asked my contacts at Nike for years to get into the officials shoe game. Nike doesn't do it unless there are margins involved. We as much as we'd like to think so are not a big enough margin. And most officials won't spend the $100+ on the top end nike shoes. I own several pairs of the nike proto types that are paten leather, leather, synthetic etc in extra wide. Yes boys they do make them in extra wide if you know how to ask. But until Nike gains the MLB contract which is still a distinct possibility. Then they won't officially enter the game. They'll continue to allow the gear heads that really want them to seek them out. We might see these available next year if the trickle effect works out, but don't hope a pray on nike's made main stream in the near future. If you want leather airmax's they are available online and they do a good job on shine and staying clean with minimal white.

What drives me crazy is the fact that Nike will release 50 different LaBron, and Kobe versions of basketball shoes that CAN NOT have a big margin ..... guaranteed the "officiating" market would be larger ...... oh well

Honig's has this exact shoe for sale right now, but with a LIMITED QUANTITY. I have left the link below. I hope this helps.

http://www.honigs.com/sub/9/NKTURF

Yep, they've been on the Honig's site since mid-December and was discussed in another thread in the 'equipment forum'