Officials Locker Room

Umpire in Chief
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2205 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Mine arrived today, so since I was rained out tonight, I had an opportunity to work with it at home. Hang in there mazza, you'll get the hang of it. I was able to get very comfortable with putting it back in it's bag by the third try. I think I am really going to like this nifty little gadget. I'm not one that feels comfortable standing around my trunk in my skivvies, so this product will do the trick! I recommend it already.

We had a guy bring one to our Association meeting on Monday. When he popped it open got inside the whole room burst out laughing. It's a funny looking little gadget with a guy inside.

Yeah I can see totally see that in a group setting, but when you're out in the south forty with nowhere to change, it's a nifty little gadget to drop between the trunk of your car and a fence or a wall in the corner of the parking lot. Beats trying to change in the drivers seat.

It beats the heck out of an outhouse!

Thank you for the positive response. Yes, it is a little silly when I demo the locker in front of large groups. I get the chuckles and cute comments. But people are buying them. I think next year will be even better. Little League Baseball bought some and they are selling them on their website. Have a safe season....and call strikes!

Used my OLR for the first time yesterday, and was very happy with it. I carry all of my shirts, pants, and what not on a clothes rod in my back seat, so I just opened up a back door, set up my OLR right outside the door, and got changed. I am 100% sold on this product, and highly recommend it. I'm not one who even likes to stand around in my tights for all to see, especially in this day and age, and being around kids. Some people just don't appreciate it, so this product fits the bill.

Storing it back in the bag has become very easy, all it takes is a few times to get the hang of it.

The only complaint I have about it is, the velcro fastener that closes the corner you step into could be isn't sewn on as good as it could be. I can defirnitely see a time in the not too distant future where I am going to have to get it re-sewn, or replaced, but it's a minor gripe, and very cheap to repair when that time comes.

Hopefully the person from company that posts here will see this and respond. I am also going to send the suggestion via email to the company.

• 3 weeks later...

Guys,

I received mine today. It will be a very handy device to keep in your car, since it is the size of a large frisbee and expands quite nicely to accomodate big bodies with plenty of room. The price is very reasonable for this product and will serve its purpose very well. The owner of the company, Chris, has been very responsive to any emails or questions that I have had. Folding it up, takes a time or two to get right, but once you do, not a problem.

• 8 years later...

Any place still sell these?  Honig's had them, but I can't find it now.  I use a portable shower room (same folding concept) for now.  $20 on eBay... but the wind likes to get a hold of it and I hate that.

19 hours ago, wolfe_man said:

Any place still sell these?  Honig's had them, but I can't find it now.  I use a portable shower room (same folding concept) for now.  $20 on eBay... but the wind likes to get a hold of it and I hate that.

try our member @Chris Hickman, he is the inventor of the Officials Locker Room.  He also has a profile on here named The Officials Locker Room. Maybe a website named that too.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Majordave said:

try our member @Chris Hickman, he is the inventor of the Officials Locker Room.  He also has a profile on here named The Officials Locker Room. Maybe a website named that too.

@Majordave Hickman's website is offline. @wolfe_man talk to Hickman to see if he have any left or wait until someone does something similar like nothing else out there.