First College Game

Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4287 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Well got a call today from a friend who I meet three years ago but haven't physically seen in over two years.

He was a mentor when we worked some NABA adult ball together in getting my mechanics and signaling down for High School.

Helped me get into High School and USSSA.

He started assigning for a City Adult Rec League and had me work games for him there.

Helped me get games with a PONY league.

Have worked the last two summers doing HS Summer Ball he was the assignor for.

Today he was contacted and asked if he could supply two umpires for a College Summer League.

After some on again, off again phone calls, because we where scheduled to work HS Summer games tomorrow and he had to find replacements for my game, his game or SDix game, he finally called back and said we are on and the he would be PU and I would have the bases.

Looking forward to my first College level game. :yippie: :beerbang

• Like 4

semper_fi,

Congrats! I expect you'll do fine.

In my experience, the biggest difference is the speed - not so much the pitching, but the runners and fielders run faster, the fielders make faster throws, and they ALL make quicker decisions.

It's fun.

JM

• Like 2

semper_fi,

Congrats! I expect you'll do fine.

In my experience, the biggest difference is the speed - not so much the pitching, but the runners and fielders run faster, the fielders make faster throws, and they ALL make quicker decisions.aegpR.gif

It's fun.

JM

It was fun.

Was played under American League OBR except for the Fed slide rule was used.

Were some good plays and was a very easy game to umpire even though there was a ESPN Highlight real DP and I called a pulled foot on F3 on another DP.

As was mentioned they can motor but I was prepared and had no problems.

:yippie: :beerbang

• Like 1

It was fun.

Was played under American League OBR except for the Fed slide rule was used.

Were some good plays and was a very easy game to umpire even though there was a ESPN Highlight real DP and I called a pulled foot on F3 on another DP.

As was mentioned they can motor but I was prepared and had no problems.

:yippie::beerbang

Congrats.

Can this be parlayed into some Collegiate games in the Spring in your area? You have worked hard for these types of opportunities to possibly come your way. Just asking. It would be neat for you.

Keep up the good work.