Big Game?

Umpire in Chief
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 5628 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

I'm pretty excited, just got scheduled 2 Showcase games which is really cool on its own, but my game Sunday is in a real Baseball Stadium. Used by a Coastal Plains League Team. This stadium was at one time the single A home to players like Johnny Bench, Lou Pinella, Gary Carter and the CPL home to Ryan Zimmerman.

It may not seem like a big deal to many, but I'm pretty excited

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:HD::HD::HD:

That's great Warren!

:(:clap:

I had the opportunity to work 4 games this year at the Lakewood Blue Claws Stadium. The blue Claws are the A affiliate of the Phillies and have set attendance records for the South Atlantic League just about every year they have been in existence.

2 HS, 1 Legion and 1 college summer ball. Each and evry one of those games was a thrill for me to just be on the field. Imagine being able to step from the dirt to the grass without tripping over the hump!

its a great feeling to be out there on a professional quality field...I remember remarking on how flat the field was....and the highlight was to look over to the ball boy and put up 2 fingers and have 2 pearls delivered to me at the plate.....

Coming from the cow pastures I have umpired on, this was quite a treat...

:(

Here's some info on the stadium

I working hard to try to get my wife to come with me to take some pictures, I doubt it will happen as my game begins at 9:00, I will need to be there around 8:15 and the stadium is about an hour away. Plus it is going to be cold Sunday morning. The high is only supposed to be in the mid 50's so at 9:00 it will probably be about 40 degrees or so.