Indicators - 3 or 4 Dial?

mepperson
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 5656 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 is better. The innings is just something else to keep up with and you will probably forget to set it at the end of each inning anyhow. The 3 dial has strikes on top or balls on top. It is your choice to train yourself to work with. The one I like is the metal one, I have three or more in case someone needs to borrow one or I lose one.

Hey all,

I prefer a three dial, have a second one for a backup. I will use a four dial in case of emergency. I have two of these for backups to the backup.

I prefer large metal (large hands) with oversized numbers(easier to see discretely).

Bigdog:cool:

• 1 month later...

I have alot of indicators and keep several types in my bag. Two are 20 year old 4 dials (Mizuno & +POS) and the others are the 3 dial (Gerry Davis & +POS). I love the 3 dial. I never used the innings anyway but the newer ones are easier for me to use. I can flip through with little to no looking and have the count straight.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Three dial +POS style w/only 3 balls, 2 strikes, and 2 outs, top to bottom. I can't stand the ones that have the strikes on top, and when they first came out with the large number, 3/2/2 style, I was hooked right away. They make keeping the count a breeze.

Only behind the plate though, no indicator in the field for me, thank you kindly.:confused:

• 2 weeks later...

when I'm coaching a game, I use a four dial, but behind the plate I like the 3 dial - makes it easier to use my left hand to remove my mask.

I own probably 5 of the 3 dial and 2 of the 4 dial. I always have a spare 3 dial in my back pocket when working a game.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...