Equipment Bags

FVBump
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4843 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a wilson, it is big enough to hold everything I need.. I also fold my clothes up and place them on the bottom. I have had it for 4 yrs now, and the only thing is i ripped the very top compartment ( think I might have zipped it up wrong).. other than that it is a great bag...

The Diamond 36" is very nice as well.. do a search for bags and you will see some pic's of bags.

force 3 bag is nice as well..

Not sure you can go wrong if you order one of these 3 bags.

Thanks Mazzamouth. I have searched, and seen the pictures. And read that some of them have had zipper issues.

Will the bags fit 2 hard shell CP's, shin guards, mask, field and plate shoes?

IMO it's Wilson FTW.

Why are you carrying 2 CP's? :D

I don't think any bag on the market will fit that.

Unless you wanted to put the 2nd CP in the bottom compartment with your apparel.

IMO it's Wilson FTW.

Why are you carrying 2 CP's? :D

I don't think any bag on the market will fit that.

Unless you wanted to put the 2nd CP in the bottom compartment with your apparel.

Good question I guess...I don't know. Looking for a place to store it as well. :shrug:

I have the 36" Diamond and I love it. I can put everything in it including all gear, uniforms, hats, shoes, etc.

If you put your shoes in the end compartment, you actually could get two CPs in the bottom compartment of the big Diamond bag with a mask and shin guards. I put my ball bags, cup, Lysol spray, etc. in the bottom compartment. Basically everything that isn't a uniform.

I have the Wilson and I couldn't be happier. The zippers show no signs of decay and all of the frabric is holding strong. I can fit two CPs in my bag (I use the lower compartment for my gear). I bought a Davis Hybrid CP off of ebay for a few bucks and use that for the littler guys and I can get that and my Platinum in my bag, as well as a mask, HSM, two pairs of shoes, and room for all my indicators, brushes, extra socks, polish, and you name it.

• 1 month later...

Hey all,

I know this is reviving an old thread, but.....

I use the 36" Diamond bag. I considered the Wilson bag at the same time and went with the Diamond because, for virtually the same price, the Diamond has the zippered mesh pockets on the lid of the upper compartment, and the Wilson doesn't (at least that is what I was told 2+ years ago when I bought it from Ump-Attire.com.com.com.com.com.com.) The end pocket hold my plate and base shoes, both size 14s, without any issue. All my gear in the bottom compartment, and for a while the was a second cp I kept there in case of a mechanical failure of my main one. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!

Bigdog :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone seen The Blue from Gearguard it is part of their No Errors line of bags. In my opinion it is waaaay over priced at 200.00 but in its description it mentions being able to hang your clothes, larger than normal wheels and a separate compartment for shinguards... I saw it on Anaconda sports web page and it is a call to order item. I have never heard of that brand but like I mentioned above there are some interesting features to it.the-blue-bag_lge.jpg

• Gear Guard No Errors The Blue Umpire Equipment Bag Features:
  • Designed specifically for umpires
  • The garment compartment let's you hang your umpire uniform, and keep it wrinkle and dirt free
  • Front locker system keeps items stored away in an organized fashion
  • FATBOY wheels for added stability
  • Easy to access shin guard storage section is separate from the rest of the storage compartments, so other items will stay clean, even if your shin guards are dirtier than dirt itself

The bag does look nice...but you are right a Google search reveals that everyone is selling it for right around $200 with a list price of $220. That is a lot more than the other bags that we consider top of the line (diamond, evans, wilson). What is funny is that I cannot find it on the GearGuard site and that no one lists any dimensions or looks inside the bag.

Has anyone actually seen one of these in person? I have noticed lots of catchers using this brand of bag the last couple of seasons, but outside of that I know nothing.

Okay I called and talked to the No Errors folks and they gave me a little more info.

It is a new product releasing at the end of this month however they are already back ordered

dimensions are 30x16x18 slightly wider and taller then the Diamond. It will stand on its own and when in standing postion an internal hook allows your garments to hang

Maybe we can get the MId west ump blog to do a product review.....

I had contacted them as well today and they sent me a .pdf press release that showed dimensions, but since they are already up on the board no need to post it. This is not a good time of year to be back ordered on umpire gear. Us guys that are willing to spend the money, when we have it, typically buy stuff now.

Slo8140

Definately correct about it being a bad time to be OOS. In March I will be eyeballing a new skycaddie so no funds available then and then in September my monetary needs focus on what new product will help me knock more birds out of the sky, oh well guess I will just stick to my Texas Longhorns duffel for my gear unless of course Pete takes pitty on this striving to be better umpire and sends me his sample at a discount :D

I never knew just how useful the umpire equipment bags were until I got my Diamond last year. It might be my favorite piece of umpiring-related equipment that I have. I used to use a large luggage/duffel bag, and while it would carry all of my equipment, I could just barely squeeze all of my undergarments, ball bags, shoes, etc in it, and I still had to carry my uniforms separately.