DJ Reyburn & Donny Baseball

Thunderheads
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4314 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

xnumlocation.php-pitchSel=449097&game=gid

Here are all the pitches for Papelbon courtesy of pitchf/x. The #4 pitch on the right is the one in question. Notice pitch #5 in light blue is the one the batter hit for the triple.

The #1 pitch above and to the right of #5 is the game winning single. Guess if the batter doesn't get that hit on the #1 pitch, there is no discussion.

Boy were they swinging at some junk.

x

Here are all the pitches for Papelbon courtesy of pitchf/x. The #4 pitch on the right is the one in question. Notice pitch #5 in light blue is the one the batter hit for the triple.

The #1 pitch above and to the right of #5 is the game winning single. Guess if the batter doesn't get that hit on the #1 pitch, there is no discussion.

Boy were they swinging at some junk.

What does Papelbon have to do with this thread?

QOC for the Reyburn ejections (Mattingly/Hillman) was incorrect—strike three to Hairston, Jr. was inside with a px of -1.073.

QOC for Papelbon's entire inning was correct—there was one borderline ball call (No. 4), though the plot is misleading. Px was 0.809—cannot be conclusively confirmed as a ball or a strike. I wrote about it here, but it appears Papelbon had much more to be upset about in regards to his own performance (14-of-17 thrown pitches swung at by the opposition) than about Reyburn's alleged "terrible" plate job.

"What does Papelbon have to do with the thread"

I want to personally apologize to Thunder.

I had just read about the Papelbon rant, and my eyes just completely stopped at the name DJ Reyburn and went right to the post area. I assumed without even opening the link he was talking about Papelbon telling him to be sent back or fired. I lived up to my name as usual.

If I'm not mistaken when Harry was alive there was an open invitation for announcers to come to camp on him. I don't think anyone took him up on his offer. The motto for todays athletes is " It's not whether you win or lose it's WHERE you lay the blame"! :hopmad:

• Like 2

"What does Papelbon have to do with the thread"

I want to personally apologize to Thunder.

I had just read about the Papelbon rant, and my eyes just completely stopped at the name DJ Reyburn and went right to the post area. I assumed without even opening the link he was talking about Papelbon telling him to be sent back or fired. I lived up to my name as usual.

No big deal dumbdumb, no need to apologize, ...I thought I was missing something, ...but thanks for the claro! :smachhead:

How many does that make for Mattingly this year? Seems like every other video on here is him getting tossed. I don't know if anybody told him but he doesn't have to catch up to Bobby Cox in two years...unless it is in his contract somewhere.

Edit: I just checked, only three. It sure seems like it has been more.