Upcoming Heart Surgery

Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4305 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Hi Everyone,

After reading about Typhoon's upcoming surgery, I thought I would solicit prayers and well-wishes for mine as well.

I go in for an angiogram/heart cath on June 7th, followed on June 8th by aorta valve replacement surgery. This surgery had been scheduled for last November, but was put off in order to deal with the lymph node and voice box cancer treatments/surgery I just got through recovering from (100% cancer-free, praise God!). I also wanted to finish my MBA degree (this Saturday is last day!) before doing this, as I didn't want to interfere with my progress on that,

I will find out if any bypass is needed on the 7th, and will likely have a pacemaker put in, since I have never outgrown the heart murmur I was born with, and have atrial fibrillation as a result. I am confident that the surgery will go well, but I am a bit nervous about it. :agasp_: So, any words of encouragement will certainly be appreciated! Thank you.

Steve

Steve:

Best of luck with your procedure, I have to go to the hospital to the Pre Admittance Clinic on Friday. I will meet with the surgeon and the anesthesiologist and be given a date for the surgery. It is anticipated that it will be sometime in June. It would be a lie if I said that I wasn't a little aprehensive, however my next door neighbor had a bypass done 9 weeks ago and he was out cutting the grass today. Again Sreve good luck, I'm sure you'll be back on the diamond before you know it.

Tony

Thank yous go out to everyone for your thoughts, prayers and well wishes. It is very much appreciated!!!

Steve,

You sure are facing a lot of stuff coming up........... and you can be confident that the prayers and well wishes of your friends go with you. Like Welpe, imy daily devotions, I will be praying for you and all those heathcare professionals that will be assisiting in gods work....

best wishes, and fervent prayers

Stan

• Like 1

Thanks Stan! I have God and one of the finest cardiac surgeons there is doing the operation. He is highly recommended by patients and other doctors alike, so I know I'm in good hands all the way around. Thanks again everybody!

• 2 weeks later...

Had the surgery. Successful. Very sore. Post again soon. Thank you for all the prayers. I'll post again when I feel better.

• Like 3

Had the surgery. Successful. Very sore. Post again soon. Thank you for all the prayers. I'll post again when I feel better.

Sounds great. Listen to the umpires (doctors, nurses, etc.) about the rules you need to go by to help in your recovery. No arguing. When you are ready, come on back. We are better with you on our team at this forum.

Okay, they kicked me loose today. I arrived home early this evening and just took a nice shower. It's good to be home. Everything is progressing well, but I am sore as the dickens still. Percocets are my friends right now! :ZZZ: My heart rate had dropped to the mid 30s and my old valve was so bad the doctor didn't know how I was still walking around with it. Back where it should be (55 to 80 range) for me, and a nice blood flow going. No bypass was needed as my coronary arteries were found to be just fine on the Thursday heart cath procedure.

Anyhow, I am going to be doing a lot of PT and walking to get back in shape, but my fingers are still working, so there's no excuse not to post here. Thanks to everyone who said prayers or wished me well. I don't recommend this if you can avoid it.

Typhoon, I am sure you will do just fine as well. It's tough but doable! Oh, and I got my MBA on June 1st, which is what I had been putting off the surgery for, and I am stoked! :meditation:

• Like 1