SOS Sales

JaxRolo
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4898 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Ok, I received the mask today, which was my first order #7063. This mask is crazy lightweight. It almost feels like a toy.

My other order has not arrived yet. So, time to tell the spouse to bring it in off of the porch while I am out of town this week.

So, what pads should I use? Two tone wilson, all black Wilson, or some other variant?

Got all of my stuff today except the Ultimate belt which he had already refunded and I knew wasn't coming. Everything was there and correct. The Champro mask is incredibly light. I had a game tonight so I swapped the pads out for the tan Wilson wraparounds which looks pretty cool. You can't beat $32 for that mask, $17 for Reebok base shoes, $6.50 apiece for two Smitty shirts, and about $5 for a McDavid mock turtleneck. (Which is VERY nice by the way)

Don't forget to upgrade the pads!

Already done....got Wilson Doe Skin wrap around pads. Was at a football clinic and Honigs forgot to bring lanyards but told me if I wanted to buy some the shipping would be free. Ordered a couple of lanyards and added the mask pads to the order. Got it all shipped for free and I even used my 10% ABUA discount.

The mask feels great with the new pads.

I use Wilson A3009X pads in the Champro magnesium mask. They are comfortable and fit great in the Champro frame. Total weight with replacement leather pads and harness (minus throat guard): 17 ounces! Yep, crazy light.

I have one on order from S.O.S. (order #7089). I hope I get it for my games this week. BTW, the A3009X pads can be ordered from Rex at Between the Lines and Jim Kirk at Ump-Attire told me a few weeks ago that he has them available.

Pete

My order # is 7103. I ordered on 8/12. I received a confrimation email that day and my card was charged on 8/14. I have heard nothing since. It was all small stuff. A belt being the biggest thing.

It is a little bit lighter than the iX3 and comes with a little bit better padding. From some of the reviews I have read It also seems to not bend as easily.

I own both, but generally wear an HSM. My diamond is the silver version and the finish on it is rough. From wearing it around a bit, I really prefer the Champro. Now is it worth the $125 or so it was originally selling for...probably not. IMO the Champro is the better mask pad combination, but at regular prices, the diamond is the best value.

Hello all, has anyone tried calling SOS Sports? I called this afternoon and was directed to an automatic voice mail system,which I believe is the owner. In the voicemail he says that all orders should be going out next week and that we should rceive a package in the next week. The voicemail also says that we should receive an email from UPS quantum view in order to track our orders. I ordered on 8/12 (Order # 7236)and I'm also waiting.

Hello all, has anyone tried calling SOS Sports? I called this afternoon and was directed to an automatic voice mail system,which I believe is the owner. In the voicemail he says that all orders should be going out next week and that we should rceive a package in the next week. The voicemail also says that we should receive an email from UPS quantum view in order to track our orders. I ordered on 8/12 (Order # 7236)and I'm also waiting.

What's their number?

You ordered 8/12 and your number is 7236?

Yikes... just 6 days later (8/18) I ordered, and I'm # 77-something. Assuming the numbers are actually sequential per order, the guy must be swamped... about 500 orders in six days....

My order # is 7103. I ordered on 8/12. I received a confrimation email that day and my card was charged on 8/14. I have heard nothing since. It was all small stuff. A belt being the biggest thing.

Well that worked. I got my package today.

You ordered 8/12 and your number is 7236?

Yikes... just 6 days later (8/18) I ordered, and I'm # 77-something. Assuming the numbers are actually sequential per order, the guy must be swamped... about 500 orders in six days....

Yeah! I been wondering myself if they go in sequential form. I ordered 4 pairs of smitty pants (2 base, 2 plate), a pair of mizuno wave shoes, and an indicator, hopefully I get it sometime this week. I'm sure he was hit pretty heavy with orders,lets hope we all get what we ordered!

I just got my order today. My number was 7085

2 Navy long sleeve shirts - Smitty

1 Navy SS shirt - Smitty

1 Black SS shirt - Smitty

1 Powder W/N SS shirt - Smitty

1 Pair of Smitty base pants charcoal

He then sent me one extra navy Smitty shirt. I'm not sure why, maybe it's because he ran out of stock on the plate pants and issued me a refund. It's super nice gesture, but I'm afraid I won't be needing it, as I already have two.

I have a question for you guys that have more than 1 mask. Do you use the second mask on a regular basis or is it just a spare in case something happens to the "main" mask.

I have a Diamond mask and now I received my new Champro and not sure what to do.

1. Sell my old one or keep it as a spare.

2. Use my old one and keep new one as a spare.

3. Use new one

4. Resell my new one

I keep three, plus a helmet. I rotate them, and that way they last. When I get tired of them (or get something cooler), I donate them to the local LL park Junior umpire program. I've got a red Honig's frame that I keep for special occasions (El Diablo), the silver Diamond, and the new magnesium. The helmet I keep for those awful overhead backstops. I've got a couple more in the garage that need to go to the field. (Yes dear, I'll clean out the garage this weekend)

As for the "extra" shirt, email the SOS guy, and tell him what happened. If he says "keep it", give it to a new umpire. It's just good karma.

I'm lucky enough to be in the position to get a lot of freebies. I always give them to guys who aren't as lucky as I am, as long as they give me an honest review of them, which I bounce back to the supplier.

Edited by kylejt

I have a question for you guys that have more than 1 mask. Do you use the second mask on a regular basis or is it just a spare in case something happens to the "main" mask.

I have a Diamond mask and now I received my new Champro and not sure what to do.

1. Sell my old one or keep it as a spare.

2. Use my old one and keep new one as a spare.

3. Use new one

4. Resell my new one

I am a bit of a gear hound but, I would recommend keeping it. Like kylejt I have 3 (Honigs, All Star and Wilson) that I rotate depending on the game, weather and my mood. It is always nice to have a back up just in case. In this case your back up you already own.

My wife tells me that there is a package on the porch for me. So, I think that means that my second SOS order came in. I will be home tomorrow to examine the order. Asking further questions was just a recipe for disaster. ;)

I received my order yesterday (7236), and only got one of the four items I ordered. I had originally ordered a pair of mizuno base shoes, an indicator,two plate and base pants. I only received a pair of base pants and was issued a refund on the rest.