Softball Colors

Blue23
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 5017 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know the 'standard' for softball umps is powder, but does anyone wear other colors? Cream? Black? I am starting a travel softball tourney on the 30th and wanted some opinions.. Thanks blues!

I don't do a lot of softball, but from working with full time softball guys this summer a few times, it's just like baseball. Pretty much anything is okay during the summer. During the fall in the regular season it's powder all the way, but I've seen navy, cream, black, red, etc. during the summer.

It might depend on the sanction you are doing. ASA uses the Powder with white/navy and Navy. AFA used to wear either Grey or Black. USSSA wears Red.

I havn't done softball in a few years so this all may have changed. And, the guys I did softball with were all veteran baseball umpires who already had all the shirts.

hello fellow umpires........depending on the organization that you umpire softball in, there are so many different shirts......ASA is powder blue or navy........USSSA is red mostly on Saturday's and on Sunday's it cream(now at the World Series Nationals, there's 3 colors of shirts that are being used and each day it's a different color......In Florida and Maryland its Red, Cream and Black. NSA is White (which is good for very hot days), they used to wear Black(many years ago). PONY is light blue. FASST is Black and White. I belong to everyone of these Softball Organizations except for FASST, so my truck is filled with shirts galore.