Legion ejection

blp79
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4871 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Tonight I was working a Legion double header,both close games in game 1 I got the bases.In the bottom of the 6th 1 out r2,r3 on br hits a long fly to f9,runners tag and r2 leaves early i'm in c and can see him leave right before the ball is caught and my partner calls catch.Defense appeals I call r2 out inning over.The hc who I played for in my playing days is upset:hopmad:I tell him what I got,let him vent and move on.As me and my partner are getting together The rat ac comes out to inform me that my call was horse sh#$.Well thanks for coming :wave:you can finish the game in the parking lot.The ac goes off,making threats that I have to drive in the town he is an cop in,basically acting like an idiot :ranton:.My partner steps in between us and I move to 1b ready to finish the game my partner finally gets the rat off the field and we finish the game.After the game I am changing to take the dish when the rat approaches me wanting to know what he did to get tossed:WTF. and informs me that that game is on me and I have to live with it.:BD:

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and informs me that that game is on me and I have to live with it.:BD:

Had a parent tell another umpire that after a 9-10 yo Allstar game. Dude chill out. It's not the umpire's fault your coach doesn't know the rules.

:ranton:They didn't screw up at all. Not a single error I am sure. No bad pitches or anything. Out of all the outs, that 1 out is the only one that mattered.

:ranton:

The ac goes off,making threats that I have to drive in the town he is an cop in,basically acting like an idiot

Statements such as this are what gives the rest of us a bad name. Call his agency and make a complaint. Good toss.

The ac goes off,making threats that I have to drive in the town he is an cop in,basically acting like an idiot

These are the kinds of comments that make you say to yourself, "Why do I do this again? I basically volunteer my time and I've gotta put up with this crap?" Good toss.

:ranton:It seems that for all the great games you work and all the compliments you get, these are the games that wear on you and keep you up at night. We all love to do this and work extremely hard at being as good as we can be. How many coaches read coaching manuals, autobiographies, and case books every night before they go to sleep? I love what I do; I love that excited nervousness I get every time I travel to the park to work a game. If these RATS knew how much we love the game, maybe they'd back off a bit.:D

And by the way, I totally agree with 24sdad. You need to report this abuse of power to his detachment. What a SLIMEBALL!

report it 2 who? He is the chief in the town I travel through on my way to work it is a town a few miles away and i see him quite often when I stop in the local store for coffee in the morning,if he wants to be petty for me tossing him for acting like an idiot so be it.I just get a kick out of these rats no matter what they do or say to you,you are always the bad guy

report it 2 who? He is the chief in the town I travel through on my way to work it is a town a few miles away and i see him quite often when I stop in the local store for coffee in the morning,if he wants to be petty for me tossing him for acting like an idiot so be it.I just get a kick out of these rats no matter what they do or say to you,you are always the bad guy

blp, you do whatever you feel comfortable doing. But yes, everyone in law enforcement is subordinate to someone. I am sure the "town" he is chief in has some type of city manager or city/town council that evaluates his performance. A "true" law enforcement professional, regardless of rank, would never use his position to "even the score." Does it happen? Of course. :D But like I said, those are the ones who give the rest of us a bad name, and should maybe seek some other type of employment. Again, do whatever you are comfortable with...and when you do another game of his, don't change a thing.

BLP, I'm with everybody else good toss, and that's exactly what the AC wanted by coming out , he knew the second he said anything to you or even left his position to argue, he was done.

As for the threat. I'd definately report it ASAP to the city/county manager and get some official record of it. I live in a small town and can imagine the scenario. Next thing you know you're getting pulled for "something" and have to go to court and pay a fine + court costs ... plus take time off of work.

Report it to somebody....

• 1 month later...

Mayor, Town Council, District Attorney.....there's always someone you can file a complaint with.

I, too, live in a small town and can understand the situation. I am also on the Civil Service Commission in my town which works with the borough council on police matters. My suggestion is to report it to whatever council members you may have and not just one of them either. Report it to whomever will listen. His behavior on the field is a direct reflection on the town that employs him. If he feels it necessary to use his position, one of protection, to threaten it's very citizens then he needs to be reprimanded in the least. Just my $.o2.

• 4 months later...

You didn't say whether you allowed the r3 to score or not? If you didn't, then you did indeed screw up as this is a timing play.This however does not give the coaches license to abuse you. The proper mechanic for the coaches in the case that you did not allow the run to score would have been to play the game under protest.

Edited by plateumpire29
wanted to continue my point

Ok, you guys who want him to report this incident, you are not helping a lot IMHO. Should it be a verbal reporting to someone, or should it be a written reporting to someone. Let's give him a little more help on how it should be done.

We apparently have people on this forum who are involved at the police level, administrative level, council level, human resources level, etc. This could be a touchy situation and someone needs to at least PM some help on the exact words that need to be used when reporting either verbally or on paper. There has to be a way to let this hotshot know that he is the one that fkd up (pardon my french) and fkd up bad regardless of whether he is the chief or not. He needs to somehow equate his police job with that of any official in any sport, to where he is the one speaking up and protecting officials even if he is on the other side, rather than the old "do you know who I am bullsht".

Someone needs to be able to read him the riot act or as some people say, the come to Jesus act and bring him off his high horse. Someone out there in their respective professions knows how to do this, I'm sure, so let's help. However, unfortunately I am not that person, or I would tell him exactly how to handle this from step 1 to step 10, and come out showing that blp79 is a saint and cop guy is the devil. There has to be some way to embarass the hell out of cop guy for being jerk and have him begging for forgiveness like he has insulted the Pope himself. That is the assignment.

Edited by dumbdumb

Ok, you guys who want him to report this incident, you are not helping a lot IMHO. Should it be a verbal reporting to someone, or should it be a written reporting to someone. Let's give him a little more help on how it should be done.

We apparently have people on this forum who are involved at the police level, administrative level, council level, human resources level, etc. This could be a touchy situation and someone needs to at least PM some help on the exact words that need to be used when reporting either verbally or on paper. There has to be a way to let this hotshot know that he is the one that fkd up (pardon my french) and fkd up bad regardless of whether he is the chief or not. He needs to somehow equate his police job with that of any official in any sport, to where he is the one speaking up and protecting officials even if he is on the other side, rather than the old "do you know who I am bullsht".

Someone needs to be able to read him the riot act or as some people say, the come to Jesus act and bring him off his high horse. Someone out there in their respective professions knows how to do this, I'm sure, so let's help. However, unfortunately I am not that person, or I would tell him exactly how to handle this from step 1 to step 10, and come out showing that blp79 is a saint and cop guy is the devil. There has to be some way to embarass the hell out of cop guy for being jerk and have him begging for forgiveness like he has insulted the Pope himself. That is the assignment.

I wasn't thinking during the original discussion that this was an AL game. That makes it a double whammy, he is now representing the sponsering AL Post. Letters can go to both his boss and the Legion. Our local AL dumped a manager for being a jerk on the field.

If nothing has gone forward and it is desired to do so, I feel confident we can help with wording and content. It will be different depending on who it goes to, who his boss is. If he answers to the city council, you word it one way but if you are writing to his captain or LT then it should done differently. As far as the Legion, it is probably best to send a letter from the umpire assoc instead of one umpire.