Wendy's pads. Wow!

Hackman61
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3938 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

I just replaced my stock pads on my Wilson Dyna Lite mask with Team Wendy's tan ones. I love the look. Tonight's HS JV game I took a straight foul ball shot square to my face and didn't feel a thing. I was more surprised than anything. Players and coaches ooh and awe.."You ok blue?" Yep, just fine. I love these Team Wendy pads. :notworthy:

I just replaced my stock pads on my Wilson Dyna Lite mask with Team Wendy's tan ones. I love the look. Tonight's HS JV game I took a straight foul ball shot square to my face and didn't feel a thing. I was more surprised than anything. Players and coaches ooh and awe.."You ok blue?" Yep, just fine. I love these Team Wendy pads. :notworthy:

NICE!!

I've never understood the facination with the wraparounds. Sure, they have lots of leather, but the actual padding between the frame and your face isn't that great. Nothing special.

If the wraparounds fit your face better, that's great. And fit is very important. But the actual material used in the Team Wendy is a huge step forward for us.

I've never understood the facination with the wraparounds. Sure, they have lots of leather, but the actual padding between the frame and your face isn't that great. Nothing special.

If the wraparounds fit your fact better, that's great. But the actual material used in the Team Wendy is a huge step forward for us.

+1

Always hated the Wilson wraparound pads.

Its nice to see Team Wendy pads get recognized for being one of the best pads out there. When Honigs introduced them last year the response here was lukewarm at best. I have two sets of wendy pads on my masks for a year now and to me they are the best pads i have ever worn. I never did care for the heavy wraparound wilson pads. See all it takes is for Ump attire to carry them and wow everyone goes lolol...Guys who got the wendy pads , enjoy them . Im sure you will be very happy with them.

I wear a HSM but I've been thinking about going traditional. These posts here might just send me out to get the Team Wendy's.

I have both, an All-Star MVP2500 and a Diamond mask with Team Wendy pads. It's nice to have a choice. I'll wear the helmet when there's a short backstop (it hasn't happened to me, but my son has had a ball bounce off the fence and hit him on the back of the head) or if it's cold or if I just feel like a helmet. I'll wear the mask when it's hot and there's no fence right behind me. It's cooler with a mesh hat on hot days, but I do like the extra protection of the HSM.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Will be ordering them for my iX3 in the next few days.

A little late since I am still feeling the effects of concussion from last Saturday and am not cleared to work a plate until after I have another follow up on May 1st.

Hopefully I can even work the bases Saturday and Sunday.

See how I feel and have to convince SWMBO

I am pulling the trigger on 5/1 (payday). Since Semper's concussion, I am gonna add another set to save on the shipping.

I ordered mine right after I read Semper's post about his concussion. $40 is a "no-brainer" for safety.

Screw it. Not worth delaying. Done and done.

Order Number:176771

Placed : 04/25/2012 18:10:18 EDT

Code Name Quantity Price/Ea. Total

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

U126-N Smitty Pro Knit Umpire Shirt - Navy 1 $22.99 $22.99

SIZE: 2X:

FM-WENDY Team Wendy Umpire Mask Replacement Padding 2 $39.99 $79.98

COLOR: BK:

UAPW-PL Ump-Attire Poly-Wool Plate Umpire Pants 1 $76.99 $76.99

Coupon - : ($18.00)

Shipping: USPS Priority Mail 2-3 Days includes Saturday Delivery (Zone7): $15.63

Sales Tax: $0.00

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total: $177.59

• Like 1

I am pulling the trigger on 5/1 (payday). Since Semper's concussion, I am gonna add another set to save on the shipping.

Steve just told me he is pulling the trigger now, not 5/1 and is adding my set to his order.

Thanks brother.

It is much appreciated.

Damn posted the order form while I was typing this..... :notworthy:

Screw it. Not worth delaying. Done and done.

Order Number:176771

Placed : 04/25/2012 18:10:18 EDT

Code Name Quantity Price/Ea. Total

U126-N Smitty Pro Knit Umpire Shirt - Navy 1 $22.99 $22.99

SIZE: 2X:

FM-WENDY Team Wendy Umpire Mask Replacement Padding 2 $39.99 $79.98

COLOR: <acronym title='Balk'>BK</acronym>:

UAPW-PL Ump-Attire Poly-Wool Plate Umpire Pants 1 $76.99 $76.99

Coupon - : ($18.00)

Shipping: USPS Priority Mail 2-3 Days includes Saturday Delivery (Zone7): $15.63

Sales Tax: $0.00

Total: $177.59

I too decided to purchase a set of Team Wendy pads. Semper's post convinced me to replace the 50/50 pads on my Diamond mask. I ordered them this afternoon. Hopefully they'll be here in time for Saturday's games.