Upgraded my mask yesturday, What cha think?

Cajuncubsfan
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4215 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Well here is my Frankenstein Mask. What do you think? I wonder is I should have got the black frame?

Honig's - Pro-Line Mask Frame *New*

Honig's - Liteweight Harness *New*

Diamond - 50/50 Mask Replacement Pads *Last year*

Diamond - Sun Shield *Last year*

Allstar - Throat Protector *Last year*

mask1.jpg

mask2.jpg

mask3.jpg

My Mask setup from last year

mask_old.jpg

• Like 1

Looks good. Personally, I prefer the silver frame. With that long of a throat protector, do you find it stiff to attach it to upper bars rather than hanging looser on the bottom ones? Does it ever wedge against your chest protector.

And does the sun shield actually do anything when wearing a hat?

Looks good. I think your mask is worn a bit too tight though. IF you take a direct hit it will be like getting punched in the face. In my humble opinion. Yes, I know I might be starting another S**Tstorm but my opinion........ your mileage may may vary.

There is no reason to wear a sunshield, thats what the bill of your hat is for.

It keeps the sun from baking the bill of my hat, which seems to keep me a lot cooler. It works well in all my masks, and to me, makes a difference.

• Like 1

Looks good. I think your mask is worn a bit too tight though. IF you take a direct hit it will be like getting punched in the face. In my humble opinion. Yes, I know I might be starting another S**Tstorm but my opinion........ your mileage may may vary.

A couple nights ago I took a direct shot to the lower left side of my mask. The mask went flying up in the air and to the right. I caught it with my right hand as it was coming down.

• 6 months later...