NCAA 2012 March Quiz

johnnyg08
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4422 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No responses so that must mean that nobody has any wierd or odd questions and Id generally agree with that. There were one or two that could of been worded better (I know this is the pot calling the kettle black) but I didnt find any where the answer wasnt reasonably clear as to what they wanted. I couldnt get the first video to load but was still able to answer the question.

One question from me. Is there a reference as to where the coach is allowed to stand when the relief pitcher for an injured pitcher is taking his warmups? I havent looked in the book but I dont recall it off the TOP of my head.

Without looking it up I would say no.

See, I would of said that the coach cannot stand at the mound during this warm up, But fortunately for me that wasnt one of the choices and the only one that made sense was along the lines of the pitcher gets all the warm ups he wants at the mound and the coach is allowed to stay.

Was it this question:

Question #10

The starting pitcher hurts his arm during a pitching motion. He informs his coach and trainer that he cannot continue. The coach selects the relief pitcher.

a.The relief pitcher may take all of his warm-up throws in the bullpen.

b.The relief pitcher shall come to the mound to begin his warmups, but is allowed as much time as he needs (within reason) to loosen up. His coach is allowed to stay at the mound during these warmups.

c.The substitute pitcher may choose where he wants to loosen up.

d.The coach may choose where he wants his substitute pitcher to warmup.

The answer is B. There is no verbage in the NCAA rule book concerning a coach's visit due to injury, but it does address the other answers.

Right and so I was asking if theres anything specific in the book about the coaches location. It is addressed though in the recent NCAA interps on the site so I guess thats the only source and its not in the book.

They also have an interp on the situation we are discussing elswhere on the balk and the catcher interference but I dont know if it applies directly.