System 7 Umpire harness

slo8140
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4398 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

In case anyone wants to customize their non system 7 protector with this great harness they are available. I ordered mine straight from Allstar, but I noticed that ump-attire has them as well.

http://www.ump-attire.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=CPUHPRO&Category_Code=

I didn't want to wait so I ordered this one direct from All Star:

http://www.all-starsports.com/products.php?prod=20

It had two metal clips that I had to discard and I moved a couple of the plastic buckles, but it works perfectly on my Douglas. It was $13.99 + shipping. It's amazing how much better my Douglas fits now. Good to know the System 7 is available in case I want to try it later on.

Thanks Slo. Ordered mine with my Member of the Month Gift card. So also thank you all that voted for me!!!

Wait, you get a gift card for it? Man, I nominate myself for poster of the month for April! LOL

Yes a gift card and a brand new Mustang GT

lol

• 2 weeks later...

Was it hard or did you have to do anything special to fit the metal shoulder-pad style clips of the Gold? Looks like the plastic connectors are still there - do you think they're in much risk of getting hit? My son's Champro had a buckle broken by a rather soft foul ball last year.

Finally put my All Stars Harness on my Gold.

I love the fit!!!! Very Nice!

Was it hard or did you have to do anything special to fit the metal shoulder-pad style clips of the Gold? Looks like the plastic connectors are still there - do you think they're in much risk of getting hit? My son's Champro had a buckle broken by a rather soft foul ball last year.

Finally put my All Stars Harness on my Gold.

I love the fit!!!! Very Nice!

Wasn't hard at all. Had to take the bottom strap of the gold and cut it in half. Then put in on the new harness. Adjusted it cut off the excess. Taped it. Done.

The plastic buckles are on the side. I think they will be fine.

I took mine to a shoe repair guy today. He Is going to switch out the straps on the delta with the ones from the gold. Going to do it for $10. I could have done it the way you did, but I wanted a cleaner look. Also wanted the added length on the shoulder straps. The Allstar ones were barely lOng enough.

He is also going to switch the shoulder straps on another delta flex for my Douglas. The waist strap will work, but having the added length on the shoulders will be great.

I will post pics when I get them back. I probably could have made it work stock on the Douglas, but I needed the longer staps on the Wilson. So since I was getting one worked on I figured I would get both done.

I took mine to a shoe repair guy today. He Is going to switch out the straps on the delta with the ones from the gold. Going to do it for $10. I could have done it the way you did, but I wanted a cleaner look. Also wanted the added length on the shoulder straps. The Allstar ones were barely lOng enough.

He is also going to switch the shoulder straps on another delta flex for my Douglas. The waist strap will work, but having the added length on the shoulders will be great.

I will post pics when I get them back. I probably could have made it work stock on the Douglas, but I needed the longer staps on the Wilson. So since I was getting one worked on I figured I would get both done.

That's a good idea having it done.

I wore mine today for the first time and it is sweet. Stayed in place the whole time. Never had to adjust it like I had to before. It's great.

I did black out the "made in Taiwan" lettering

I got my new harness from Ump-Attire yesterday and just put it on my WV gold. All I can say is WOW! I've used a Platinum for the last three years and wanted the Gold this year. I used it in some cage work and a scrimmage and I kept having to move it and adjust it. I put the new harness on this and it stays nice and high and you don't feel it like the traditional Wilson setups. I just took the plastic buckles off and cut my WV strap in half and threaded it through the existing System 7 buckles. I trimmed off the excess and that's it. You can't even tell it's modified. I'm going to get another for my Platinum which is now my backup.

HELP PLEASE....In reading through this post, I noticed that several of you have swapped out the Gold harness for the new System 7. I ordered a Gold from Epic sports that should get here on Friday and I'm left wondering if there is going to be problem before I ever put it on. For those of you that did swap, was it because of the age of the CP? Were your existing straps losing elasticity? I ask because although I got a decent deal from Epic, based on what I've read there may an additional $30+ of expense tacked on for modifications. I'm not shy about pulling the trigger, especially for a CP, but I would like not to pour money down a black hole. Have done that way to many times over the last several years.</p>

The gold is a great protector. I wore mine as my main chest protector for three seasons. The only issue that myself and others have with it is the fact that it does not always stay put. Even with the straps taped it tends to slip a little bit. Not a huge deal, but an issue.

I got the new all-star last summer the first thing I noticed upOn wearing it is that it does not slip or move. The delta-flex harness really is amazing. I honestly have not worn my gold since I got the Allstar. Last week I got a couple of the umpire delta flex harnesses to put on my gold and Douglas. Instead of using the buckles that came with the harness I decided to take mine to a shoe repair guy and have all of the straps from the gold moved to the delta harness. He is also moving a couple of the straps on the Douglas harness to the delta that I will be putting on that protector. When the work gets finished I will be wearing both of them again. I am excited that when customized they won't move around.

If I was starting out, I would buy the Allstar. But buying a gold and customizing it with a delta flex is a great second choice. The gold is great and provides excellent protection.

HELP PLEASE....In reading through this post, I noticed that several of you have swapped out the Gold harness for the new System 7. I ordered a Gold from Epic sports that should get here on Friday and I'm left wondering if there is going to be problem before I ever put it on. For those of you that did swap, was it because of the age of the CP? Were your existing straps losing elasticity? I ask because although I got a decent deal from Epic, based on what I've read there may an additional $30+ of expense tacked on for modifications. I'm not shy about pulling the trigger, especially for a CP, but I would like not to pour money down a black hole. Have done that way to many times over the last several years.</p>

I have many CP's and I love my Gold. It does not slip on me like other have suggested. Feel comfortable with your purchase. You made a fine decision.

Thanks for the feedback. I did look at the All-Star CP and read reviews from several sites. Ultimately, it was the Midwest Ump Blog's detailed review that helped me make up my mind. I think I will order a delta flex from All-Star as an "upgrade" to the Gold. I hate having to adjust gear throughout a game and at $15 bucks it's a good investment.

Thanks Again

The gold is a great protector. I wore mine as my main chest protector for three seasons. The only issue that myself and others have with it is the fact that it does not always stay put. Even with the straps taped it tends to slip a little bit. Not a huge deal, but an issue.

I got the new all-star last summer the first thing I noticed upOn wearing it is that it does not slip or move. The delta-flex harness really is amazing. I honestly have not worn my gold since I got the Allstar. Last week I got a couple of the umpire delta flex harnesses to put on my gold and Douglas. Instead of using the buckles that came with the harness I decided to take mine to a shoe repair guy and have all of the straps from the gold moved to the delta harness. He is also moving a couple of the straps on the Douglas harness to the delta that I will be putting on that protector. When the work gets finished I will be wearing both of them again. I am excited that when customized they won't move around.

If I was starting out, I would buy the Allstar. But buying a gold and customizing it with a delta flex is a great second choice. The gold is great and provides excellent protection.

I have many CP's and I love my Gold. It does not slip on me like other have suggested. Feel comfortable with your purchase. You made a fine decision.