<acronym title='High school rules'>NFHS</acronym> Rules App for iOS

slo8140
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4430 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Just paid $5.95 for the 2012 app. Not a bad deal since it includes case and rules rolled into one.

Someone said that Little League had an app for rules, but I did not see it in the app store.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone said that Little League had an app for rules, but I did not see it in the app store.

They don't have one.

Yes they do, but for some reason it only comes up with specific search terms. Search for "little league rulebook" and it will come up.

Now, it's ridiculously priced at $19.99, so I would not buy it...

They don't have one.

Yes they do, but for some reason it only comes up with specific search terms. Search for "little league rulebook" and it will come up.

Now, it's ridiculously priced at $19.99, so I would not buy it...

I said that because I tried getting it via following the links on the LL web site and iTunes came up with "not available"

So today I tried via iPod and it got found.

But I have the .pdf from the umpire registry so I didn't actually download it.

They tell me there is a <acronym title='High school rules'>NFHS</acronym> baseball version but I can only find the LL version and the <acronym title='High school rules'>NFHS</acronym> basketball version.

If you find it let us know!

The only thing I am getting is basketball. Somebody on Official Forum said they downloaded it also but I still can't get on the piece of crap site. I have tried everything I know and they have done nothing to help me so they are dead to me. Maybe you guys can post a link because I have nothing.

The only thing I am getting is basketball. Somebody on Official Forum said they downloaded it also but I still can't get on the piece of crap site. I have tried everything I know and they have done nothing to help me so they are dead to me. Maybe you guys can post a link because I have nothing.

That's all I get on my Droid.

If anyone can find just a Normal PDF it would be great!!!

I don't think those exist anymore. The NFHS wants us to user their cumbersome Arbiter Sports site now, which really stinks for trying to actually study the rules.

Someone just posted a link to 2012 baseball rules in PDF at this link:

http://forum.officiating.com/baseball/89672-NFHS-baseball-rulebook-2012-pdf-free.html

Below is what is posted at the link above:

Here is the link to the rulebook in a fully searchable PDF!

A bunch of hard work went into this and more books could be make available depending on the response.

It is only legal for you to download this file if you already purchased the hard copy.

PDF is password protected with the password "iownthehardcopy"

http://www.mediafire...ix4qea1qaana5fg

Be careful with that download. We have no idea who it is, and it's possible the download has a virus.

Not to mention the copyright violations of having it.

I did actually download the rulebook and it is just a pdf file. I have Symantec endpoint protection 12 (supplied to US GOV employees for there home computer) and a great program called malware bytes and the file is absolutely clean.

Not sure if it is actually illegal for me to download the file since I could have just scanned the book from the one I purchased myself legally (right?), but am too lazy to to do all that work.

Not sure if it is actually illegal for me to download the file since I could have just scanned the book from the one I purchased myself legally (right?), but am too lazy to to do all that work.

If you read the copyright page, it states that it's illegal to copy the pages over the Internet. Some would argue fair use, but a full copy of the rules, whether you have a hard copy or not, is not fair use. Using it to quote a rule to educate others (for example, on here) is fair use.

Below is what is posted at the link above:

You will notice my post in that thread as well and my thoughts regarding it. Making your own copy is one thing but freely distributing it over the internet is quite another and can land the websites carrying the link in the soup if they are not careful either.

Back to the iOS versions, I found them easy to use and they really cut down the time it took me to take the open book exam by either the selectable menu or the search feature. And the type is bigger, which helps me out. Well worth the price.

will this iOS app work on your phone when you have no service/data connection?

One of my main reasons for wanting a PDF is so that it can be loaded when I have no data connection on my phone. Otherwise I would be happy witht he rulesbook that is already on the web at NFHS.arbitersports.com.