Scored Big on eBay

JaxRolo
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4280 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Just a follow-up on my OP from the System 7 Sizing Thread.

To buy a new CP I had to sell one of mine. So I decided to sell my old West Vest Douglas that I had modified with the extra pads.

I put it on eBay with a starting price of $90.00.

On the last day of the auction it was up to $120. I was happy with that. But then with about 20 seconds to go it started going up to $160-170

Then when I looked at it after the auction ended it jump to $281 WOW! :nod:

Now time to start looking at a New CP and Leg Guards!!!

You never know what auctions will do. I'd hate to tell you how much I got for three pair of new MLB umpire pants. Or that WV Douglas. Or the Power. Or the plate coats. Or, etc. If you get the right two people, who must have what you are selling, the sky is the limit.

Congrats. I heard that the bidding fury was due to the fact it was a game used item worm by JaxRolo.

Yes plus the fact that I was member of the month probably increased the bidding! lol

Similar to the bump my Jim Rice autograph from 1977 took when he finally went to the HOF. Maybe you should see if the buyer wants you to ink it for them. If adding a couple of plates to my Douglas will double its value maybe I should send it away right now.

To buy a new CP I had to sell one of mine. So I decided to sell my old West Vest Douglas that I had modified with the extra pads.

On the last day of the auction it was up to $120. I was happy with that. But then with about 20 seconds to go it started going up to $160-170

So, do I decide to put my Douglas up before my Carlucci, or vice versa?

There were three guys yesterday willing to around $275 for that Douglas, meaning two were shut out. Now they're pissed they didn't go 3 bills, and are stuck with their damn Davishield. You do the math.

There were three guys yesterday willing to around $275 for that Douglas, meaning two were shut out. Now they're pissed they didn't go 3 bills, and are stuck with their damn Davishield. You do the math.

I am doing the math. The best part is, of all my hardshells, the Douglas cost me the least--and it's only 18 months old.

Just remember that my Douglas was Modified and it was the older West Vest.

Rolando, I remember when you scored that Douglas/WV on eBay, .... what price was that???? ;)

Around $70 :nod:

Just remember that my Douglas was Modified and it was the older West Vest.

Rolando, I remember when you scored that Douglas/WV on eBay, .... what price was that???? ;)

Around $70 :nod:

You only QUADROUPLED your money, ...jeeeeeez......what's the big deal!? ;)

Well I did pay to have the Mods done. So I almost tripled my investment.

• 5 months later...

There's the $ for the unequal, though it's long gone, right?

There's the $ for the unequal, though it's long gone, right?

That money is long gone!

I am leaning towards getting the Rite Temo pads. The last few games have been brutal in this heat.

Get the pads Jax, you won't regret the decision!

I think I will.

I have 3 people interested in my Douglas so just waiting for one of them to pull the trigger.