Reebok Magistrate Plate Shoes on sale for $64.95!

alex7
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4423 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Well, Add me to the list of guys who can't pass this one up. I got 2 pairs of plate shoes already, and one thats only a year old. 62.60 delivered to my door. They are backordered for a month now, but I don't really need them at the moment anyway.....

After about 18 months' use, my Reeboks show very little wear on the upper part of the shoes, but the little nubs that provide their vaunted traction have nearly all worn down to nothing. They can still be worn, but the level of wear after that short a time is a little hard to accept. And I've already spoken of their inferior toe protection to the New Balance.

If and when I buy new plate shoes, I am going back to New Balance, which are both more protective and more durable. They look funky, but I guess I can get over that if I got over how funky the Reeboks looked.

After about 18 months' use, my Reeboks show very little wear on the upper part of the shoes, but the little nubs that provide their vaunted traction have nearly all worn down to nothing. They can still be worn, but the level of wear after that short a time is hard to accept. And I've already spoken of their inferior toe protection to the New Balance.

If and when i buy new plate shoes, I am going back to New Balance. They look funky, but I guess I can get over that if I got over how funky the Reeboks looked.

Kevin,

When you walk from the parking lot to the field try not to drag your feet. The Nubs will last much longer! :wave:

Let's design the PERFECT plate shoe! I'll start:

Steel Toe

Mid cut

All Black

Comfortable

Indestructible laces

Replaceable traction nubs (kind of like golf shoes)

Padded metatarsel plate that won't rip off

Easy to clean and shine

What else?

I see this as nessassary evil of doing alot of games. You're going to need to buy multiple shoes in order to rotate them. I own 6 pairs of plate shoes and 5 pairs of base shoes. I keep them shined and rotate so I never have to have that lets dust these bads boys off. To me its much like hats, under garments or uniform. Why would I just own one? Everything last longer and stays harper when you rotate.

Steel Toe

Mid cut

All Black

Comfortable

Indestructible laces

Easy to clean and shine

What else?

Grayhawk, ...add this to my thread, or start a new one...it would get lost here probably

Steel Toe

Mid cut

All Black

Comfortable

Indestructible laces

Easy to clean and shine

What else?

Great idea for a new thread.