NFHS test

Triguy29
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4509 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

I take the test at the local HS. There are 5 dates to take the test. I really feel that there was a mistake with my last test. I felt like I knew the answers and really thought that I did well, but I got a 66. It just seemed off to me. At the testing sights everyone that wants to be an official in any sport takes the test at the same time. I think that maybe they scored my answers incorrectly. At least I hope that was the problem because I studied a lot fo this test, more than any other test including my PRAXIS teacher test, and if I still don't know the information I don't know how I ever will.

I take the test at the local HS. There are 5 dates to take the test. I really feel that there was a mistake with my last test. I felt like I knew the answers and really thought that I did well, but I got a 66. It just seemed off to me. At the testing sights everyone that wants to be an official in any sport takes the test at the same time. I think that maybe they scored my answers incorrectly. At least I hope that was the problem because I studied a lot fo this test, more than any other test including my PRAXIS teacher test, and if I still don't know the information I don't know how I ever will.

The other thing to consider is that you didn't read the questions closely enough and pick up on all the nuances of the question. I haven't ever officially taken the test, but I have seen several of the previous versions and they can be very tricky if you don't read the question exactly as written.

Does anyone know if you can take the NFHS test online in PA? I've taken it twice already and didn't pass. I see there is an online section at the website but I didn't see that option anywhere.

The biggest advice I can give you is to look up every question in the rule and case books, even the ones where you think you know the answer.

It takes a ton of time, but that's how you learn.

• Like 1

Make sure you have the 2012 rule book, there are several questions, at least on the TASO version we take in TX, about new rules around umpire responsibilities and altering bats. We've had the TASO version up for about a month. In TX I believe next year we will have to have a completed test score with a score above 70 to be eligable for varsity and play-off contention. Our chapter is trying to get everyone through the test by Feb 15 this year in preparation.

Make sure you have the 2012 rule book, there are several questions, at least on the TASO version we take in TX, about new rules around umpire responsibilities and altering bats. We've had the TASO version up for about a month. In TX I believe next year we will have to have a completed test score with a score above 70 to be eligable for varsity and play-off contention. Our chapter is trying to get everyone through the test by Feb 15 this year in preparation.

70? :eek: On an open book test? We need an 87 on the open book & the intepreter wants to up it to 92.

70? :eek: On an open book test? We need an 87 on the open book & the intepreter wants to up it to 92.

You can get a 75 in Florida and umpire varsity. Now, if you want to do postseason, you have to get an 80 on the closed-book exam.