What do you write on line-up cards?

Kyle_Stevens
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 5765 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

This is something that I haven't found any information on. What exactly do you write on line-up cards during the game? What I am talking about are things like, charged conferences, substitutions, position changes, etc. I looked at one of my cards this weekend and it was full of chicken scratch and I wasn't able to make much out of it after the game. Can you guys tell me what kind of notes/abbreviations/templates you use to keep neat and handy information during a game?

Much appreciation!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to use the plastic info card. I would write the coaches first names, one on each side of the card.

Below that I would make a tick-mark for trips (HS only).

For subs, I would write the number of the player leaving, draw a line through it, write the subs number next to it, and then circle it. If the starter re-entered, I would draw a line through the subs number, then re-write the starter's number, then circle it. A circle meant that once you left, you were done.

This is how I kept track of visits and subs. And unfamiliar coaches.

I use a form that was provided to us as cadets. If I can figure out how to upload it, I'll be happy to share it with you.

Finally got it to upload. With assistance from our host.

I usually print out about 20 sheets prior to the season starting. I use this form for baseball and softball. It fits easily in my pocket portfolio.

I save the lineup card for actual lineup changes, subs & reenters. I put one slash through a starter that is removed the first time; an X for a sub that is removed or a starter that is removed a second time.

Score card.pdf

i generally take the lineup sheets, fold them and stick them in my holder, with 1st base dugout on the right side. i will note on the top of the sheet which team it is usually with 1st letter of team or something like NEO. beside this i will write OC- and DC- for conferences.

any changes i do something like:

8/12 t3 r1,r2 2out (8 for 12 top 3)

,,,line up cards I mentioned. They are excel and on the front where I have the Southwest Region logo you can shrink it down and paste a different one on top. I have LL, HS (Arkansas Officials Asso.), American Legion and Babe Ruth umpire patches I use on the front page. The one I'm posting has 10 batters but for LL (SR's and below) delete lines 30-31-32 and 63-64-65 and have 9 batters. To start a card write the starting batting order in the #ed slots. When a change is made cross out the starter and write down the sub and when he/she entered in the top or bottom of the inning they entered. On the back you can write the visits and in the small boxes the outs and baserunners (R1-R2-R3) when the visit was made.

I went to the local office supply store and bought a ream of card stock (a little heavier than regular paper) to print the cards.