Movie talk

Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 5357 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Better listen to MajorDave, Ty; he's in pre-med.

otter2.jpg

I thought he was pre-law?

Damn you people for beating me to this... however, did we give up when.. when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

NO!

LETS GO!!! AAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by BT_Blue
Cause they took the bar... the whole F$#@ing bar!

"Looks like someone's been having some fun with you, son." Lou Brown, Major League.

I was an attorney. I don't practice law anymore. My choice. My license is in escrow now. I spent a lot of time and money to learn medicine so I could ask doctors intelligent and relevant questions about my clients. So, if anyone wants to know about spinal stenosis or spondylolystethis (Sp) just ask. (Remember, I'm not a doctor but I played with them in court.) (grin).

I was told back when I was younger and without gray hair when I wore my hair longer that I looked a lot like Tim Matheson and/or Alec Baldwin. Not anymore, I assure you.

"You boys mind if we dance with yo' dates?" "Otis, my man!" Those are my two favorite lines in that movie along with the "fat, drunk and stupid" line.

Now that I teach I oh so much want to use that line fat, drunk and stupid line on some of my lazier students. They wouldn't get it anyway.

lah me.

Good thread. Lots of fun.

"You didnt throw up in front of Dean Wormer. You threw up ON Dean Wormer!"

"TOGA TOGA TOGA"

"ALL IS CALM!"

and of course

"Thank you sir, may I have another?" :Horse:

However some of the best parts of the film are Beluchi (sic?) just improving such as his face to the guy with the guitar on the stairs and then smashing it, him dumping mustard all over himself, and him crushing the beer can on his head. Oh and the scene with the horse is great also!

To me that film is right up there with the original Airplane! movie in terms of great quotes.

Oh, and I listened to an interview on the radio with Stephen Fihrst(?) who played Flounder. They asked him about being on Animal House and he was great answering questions and even dropped the "do you have 10,000 marbles" line at the end of the interview.

:question1::yippie::Horse::agasp_::HD::hi5:

I had a partner this season, a first year guy-college frat boy, who looked exactly Flounder. I called him that to some other guys who had worked with him and now we all call him Flounder.

Hey Gus, who you workin' with tonight? Flounder.

I would preface any conversation with another umpire about the umpire now known as Flounder if they have seen "Animal House" before I told them I called him Flounder and that he looked like Flounder. Then they would agree that they thought he looked like Flounder or would call me back after the game with him and tell me that I was right he did look and act like Flounder.

How about being known as "The umpire known as Flounder"? Now I feel bad because it sounds like we are branding or hazing him, but he kind of embraced it. Maybe he never had a nickname as a kid? Maybe he just wants to be in the club? He is a good kid and he is a quick learner and eagerly takes all game assignments. Kind of like Flounder in the movie, very eager for anything that comes. He is on the right track.

When I coached, my teams used to beat the crap out of his team during summer ball and he remembered me when I reminded him of the team I coached. He particularly remembered the beatings at the hands of my Mustangs. I remembered him because he played......... wait for it..........

Catcher, Like what seems to be about 95% of all umpires. (according to my unofficial survey.)

I had a partner this season, a first year guy-college frat boy, who looked exactly Flounder. I called him that to some other guys who had worked with him and now we all call him Flounder.

I haven't had a Flounder, but there's a kid on a team here who could be a double for McLovin.

Major,

Dont worry I got your back... THAT guy from CO is just NG... IE poster boy for a prophylactic? Sorry Bri, I had to follow the premed theme..LOL and that is my 2nd favorite line...

While you guys have been up in the mountains, I am still doing games and let me tell you, it is HOT in Miami....darn it.

OH,,,first line is still YOU ARE DEAD TO ME lol.

Just had a blackened dolphin sandwich and NO, not flipper....

Major,

Dont worry I got your back... THAT guy from CO is just NG... IE poster boy for a prophylactic? Sorry Bri, I had to follow the premed theme..LOL and that is my 2nd favorite line...

While you guys have been up in the mountains, I am still doing games and let me tell you, it is HOT in Miami....darn it.

OH,,,first line is still YOU ARE DEAD TO ME lol.

Just had a blackened dolphin sandwich and NO, not flipper....

MURDERER! :tantrum: Eating a poor defenseless dolphin!

Wassamatter? TUNA not good enough for you?

If I'm a poster boy for prophylactics, then you're the reason that optometrists invented BCGs:

261204568_6473ec9667.jpg?v=0

:P

Hot in Miami? Isn't it supposed to be? :)

"Why 'Flounder' Brother Bluto?"

*BURP* "WHY NOT?!?"

furst78.jpg

To me that film is right up there with the original Airplane! movie in terms of great quotes.

I paraphrased an Airplane! quote to my wife just last week...

Me... The trimmer isn't working I'm going to have to take it to the shop to get fixed.

Wifey... The shop, what is it?

(Opened the door)

Me... It a place up the highway a bit that sells and services trimmers and other things, but that's not important now.

I thought it was damn funny, my wife, not so much. I'm pretty fortunate that my wife can half way appreciate Animal House & Airplane!, but when I want to watch Blazing Saddles she refuses.

Another good use of an Airplane! quote was when I was with my wife, my brother, his wife, and a few of our married friends ...

Sis in law... Oh, that's a completely different thing altogether.

Then on cue as if we'd been rehearsing it

My brother and I... Oh, that's a completely different thing.

It was amazing nearly all the men were laughing, and the women were either scowling or just clueless to what had just happened.

And of course I almost never miss the opportunity to use this paraphrase the classic...

Surely, you must be
(Joking)
?

I'm not
(joking)
and don't call me Shirley.

I had a "discussion" with a coach who opened this door once, and I resisted with every fiber in my being not to give the reply, but was smiling ear to ear.

My favorite parts of the film is:

Guerilla fighters walking through the metal detectors with all the guns and what not and then the security guards grab the old lady when the alarm goes off.

Striker having issues drinking has always made me smile

Elaine giving (you know) to the blow up automatic pilot

The explaination of what happens to all the people that eat fish and Capt. Over is doing everything exactly as the doctor is talking about it.

Leslie Neilson constantly walking into into the cockpit saying "I just want to let you all know, we all are counting on you"

The nun singing to the little girl

and of course...

Passanger: "Miss, are you telling us everything?"

Elaine: "We are also out of coffee."

and the whole plane goes nuts!

I heard the same thing, but I don't go to movies in the theater anymore. By the time I block a day off from baseball, hire a babysitter, go to dinner, see the movie, get snacks it costs me damn near $200. I'll wait for the DVD or pay-per-view.

I heard the same thing, but I don't go to movies in the theater anymore. By the time I block a day off from baseball, hire a babysitter, go to dinner, see the movie, get snacks it costs me damn near $200. I'll wait for the DVD or pay-per-view.

Yeah, but ya gotta do that every so often to keep momma happy. An old timer told me he takes his wife out to do something fun at least every other week. In return, he gets to do as many games as he wants, and said he hasn't mowed a lawn on 40 years.