Register or Sign In to remove these ads
mstaylor

Orioles/Yankees

I went to the game tonight and had a great time. I haven't been in a couple of years and it was good to get back up there. We let them get back into it in the ninth but the heart attack kid closes another one.

The umpire crew was as follows:

HP: Lance Barksdale. 1B: Mike Winters. 2B: James Hoye. 3B: Randy Marsh

The very few loyal O's fans like myself seem to always use the terms we / us because just like the team its self we are suffering under the inept ownership. It appears Mr. Angelos is content in being Yankee Stadium/Fenway Park south rather than putting together his own championship teams. Though I am optimistic with MacPhail and the fact that it's been a while since we've acquired any over the hill has-beens ala Belle, Sosa, Palmerio (again), among others. This is why the O's have been in a rebuilding decade. They never figured out that you rebuild with young talent and don't ditch the young up and coming guys for old guys. For years the O's have been the major league farm team for the rest of baseball. Look how well many of the O's do after they leave Baltimore.

So now just like in past years we're doing okay and the Orioles are usually in 1st or second until around the all star break where magically the O's fall apart and fall out of contention.

There was a great article in the Baltimore Sun a while back which holds very true. The Orioles hold the key to the AL East. The Orioles are very unpredictable, while they're never in serious division winning talks they can raise havoc in the AL East. The team which has the best record against Baltimore will win the AL East and even though the article was written a few years ago it still holds true. look at last year the O's were 6-12 against Boston, 7-11 against the Yanks, 6-12 against Toronto and 3-15 against Tampa Bay.

I love the O's hon!! Although I did think thread was going someplace else. Did anybody else think it was fan interference on the 8th inning home run opening day? But against the Yankees it should be legal!

Not as long as it's up on that ledge. I believe that area is considered HR territory so it can't be fan interference. Now if you reach into the field of play that it's FI.

For the loyal O's fans"

The first time I saw them live they played the Washington Senators with Frank Howard still in the outfield. Hank Bower was the O's manager.