Register or Sign In to remove these ads
Richvee

AAron Boone named Yankee manager

Well, this is going to be interesting.....or embarrassing.....or just sad. I guess rules knowledge wasn't part of Cashman's interview process. Between Boone in the dugout running the team, and Kaye in booth, the rules knowledge of the Yankees may hit an all time low.. How can we forget Boone's stellar results back in '13?

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/9389802/how-well-do-know-baseball-rules-take-our-quiz

• And seven of us media know-it-alls tried our luck -- six ESPN baseball "geniuses," plus Twins broadcaster (and longtime former player) Dan Gladden. You'll be shocked to learn our average score was a spectacular 4.4. Then again, we were dragged down a little by our otherwise-all-knowing friend, Aaron Boone, who somehow got one out of 10. (Full disclosure: I took this thing, too – and put a "6" on the old scoreboard. I'll take it.)

Register or Sign In to remove these ads

Kay has someone nearby that looks up the rules and Michael reads them on air and does mea culpas when appropriate. Heard him do it many times.  Are you a Mets fan?

9 hours ago, Rich Ives said:

Kay has someone nearby that looks up the rules and Michael reads them on air and does mea culpas when appropriate. Heard him do it many times.  Are you a Mets fan?

That's true...Though you might have to wait an inning or two for the correction/explanation. And no, not a Met fan, I'm a Yankee fan and I think this was possibly the worst choice from the names that were interviewed. From what I've read and seen in  interviews with players and coaches, Carlos Beltran knows more about baseball than any name on that list, and it's not even close. Then again, I don't think that's what Cashman was looking for...he was looking for a puppet, and he found one. 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.