Sign in to follow this  
HokieUmp

Anyone in San Antonio?

It isn't official, and it wouldn't happen until after the 2018 high school season, but I'm in a line to be making a position change, and moving to San Antonio.  I'm looking forward to it, and in between Zillow sessions, I would like to also maybe start making connections with an association or associations in that area.  It's early days, sure - and I don't even know where we're going to live, and are still months away from that, but I just want to get started.

While I realize I can always check the Google machine - and I already have done that, thanks very much - I was curious if there was any of the membership in that area, and if so, they would like to provide any feedback about their group or groups.  It can be either here in this thread, or PM, however you wish and are most comfortable.

My initial question is the TASO chapter thing - are those just for HS/scholastic games only, or are they for different groups?  For example, I belong to two different associations here in Virginia.  One does just scholastic games, and one Triple Crown weekend tournament, so is only operating March -June.  My main group also does Pony, LL, travel teams, showcase, adult, a little Legion, and some college-age summer ball, and we're going into November.

Anyway, thanks for any and all information folks can provide!

It isn't official, and it wouldn't happen until after the 2018 high school season, but I'm in a line to be making a position change, and moving to San Antonio.  I'm looking forward to it, and in between Zillow sessions, I would like to also maybe start making connections with an association or associations in that area.  It's early days, sure - and I don't even know where we're going to live, and are still months away from that, but I just want to get started.
While I realize I can always check the Google machine - and I already have done that, thanks very much - I was curious if there was any of the membership in that area, and if so, they would like to provide any feedback about their group or groups.  It can be either here in this thread, or PM, however you wish and are most comfortable.
My initial question is the TASO chapter thing - are those just for HS/scholastic games only, or are they for different groups?  For example, I belong to two different associations here in Virginia.  One does just scholastic games, and one Triple Crown weekend tournament, so is only operating March -June.  My main group also does Pony, LL, travel teams, showcase, adult, a little Legion, and some college-age summer ball, and we're going into November.
Anyway, thanks for any and all information folks can provide!

TASO is just for scholastic games. However, our chapter uses it as a pool for umpires for other games as we are in a rural area and there are not many umpires. We just don't fall under TASO umbrella unless doing school games. The ones I know of in bigger cities are specifically school games. The lower level is typically another association and assignor.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

• Like 1