Register or Sign In to remove these ads
Gil

2017 UEFL Award for Most Declining - Paul Emmel

Paul Emmel wins the Most Declining Umpire Award for 2017. This award was not given from 2011-2016. Voting Results (Top 3): Emmel (10.5%), Joe West (8.6%), Kerwin Danley/Jerry Layne (T-7.6%). Award Winner: Paul Emmel.Paul Emmel is the Umpire Ejection Fantasy League's 2017 most declining umpire of...

[[ This is a content summary only. Visit my website for full links, other content, and more! ]]

View the full article

Register or Sign In to remove these ads

I gotta say, I enjoy your website.  Some of the stuff on it is brilliant. 

This award, and the award for "worst umpire", are NOT two of the things I enjoy on your website, however.  Honestly, I feel they significantly detract from your website.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, lawump said:

I gotta say, I enjoy your website.  Some of the stuff on it is brilliant. 

This award, and the award for "worst umpire", are NOT two of the things I enjoy on your website, however.  Honestly, I feel they significantly detract from your website.

Propose to get rid of the award during the rules summit that comes up after all of the awards are released.

• Like 2

As has been practice for years, changes to the UEFL Rules, including Awards, are effected through the year-end Rules Summit. Feel free to propose the elimination of these two negative Awards.

Note, however, that the Most Declining Umpire of the Year Award, for instance, was added to the Award list during the 2016 Rules Summit with over 75% of the vote in favor of adoption.

Gil:

I feel the same way as Lawump. Love your posts and site; don't care for these negative awards.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I would support removing those two "awards." But I also do not have a real issue with them either since they could be someone one year. Then that same umpire could be voted "most improved" the next.

See Angel Hernandez and CB Bucknor a few years back.

I begrudgingly placed my vote to remove both of these "awards". Figure it is one of those "be on the right side of history" things.

Also... I'm up for re-election for the Appeals Board.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.