Jump to content
jwclubbie

What frame is this?

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, jwclubbie said:

So the side bars are wider out than the current Mizuno model? 

Yes, different model than the 2qa-122 which is more what we’re used to seeing from Ted Barrett.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, wolfe_man said:

Yes, different model than the 2qa-122 which is more what we’re used to seeing from Ted Barrett.

I would absolutely love to have one of these. If anyone has one, or knows where I can get one please PM me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 9:31 AM, gnhbua93 said:

Mizuno Japan 2QA-121

 

On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 7:22 AM, jwclubbie said:

If anyone has one, or knows where I can get one please PM me. 

....................Japan?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Type in the model of mask into EBay.

I also have found them while searching "throat guard" to see if I can track down my white rhino. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@jwclubbie

This is a close mask to the Mizuno, at least as close as I can find out there right now.  To me, the ear guards look very close.  If not this one, then Diamond would be the closest other mask I can think of with those ear guards being hollow as most have an arrowhead or something else there. All Star has this still in production and it's only $69.99 from All Star themselves.

 

 

S7 Umpire Traditional Face Mask with LUC Pads $69.99.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/3/2017 at 12:21 PM, wolfe_man said:

@jwclubbie

This is a close mask to the Mizuno, at least as close as I can find out there right now.  To me, the ear guards look very close.  If not this one, then Diamond would be the closest other mask I can think of with those ear guards being hollow as most have an arrowhead or something else there. All Star has this still in production and it's only $69.99 from All Star themselves.

S7 Umpire Traditional Face Mask with LUC Pads $69.99.jpg

Ah yes, the FM2000. This is/was the sibling to All-Star’s innovative FM4000. All-Star really put some thought and research into their new masks, and arrived at a design that employed shaped hollow tubes to gain strength and allow for (slightly, but still) greater visibility. They named this “I-Bar”, and incorporated these bars into a curved design and bar layout that further increased the strength and decreased the weight. By  curving the brow (upper section), All-Star determined that the mask was more resistant to impact bends, as well as allowing more of the pads to make contact with the hat or helmet beneath it.

The resulting bar layout has become iconic and almost trademark of All-Star, used on their tremendously popular MVP-25xx line of HSMs and the FM4000 TM. In those cases, the All-Star logo is present, whether it be on the shell of the HSM, or on the catcher’s helmet, or on his CP and shins, and the bar layout becomes a “secondary branding mark”. The FM2000, though, was made for umpires, who normally eschew any obvious branding marks (other than the Big Gold W).

So, All-Star thought out a counter, and designed the bar layout on the FM2000 to be their logo. It also forgoes earguard struts because how often are umpires struck upon the earguards? It also allows the use of any type/brand of pads without having to cut a center split, like what has to be done in the FM4000.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×