Register or Sign In to remove these ads
Sign in to follow this  
Gil

MLB Ejection P-3 - Mike Winters (3; Joe Maddon)

RF Umpire Mike Winters ejected Cubs Manager Joe Maddon (foul ball call by HP Umpire Jim Wolf; QOCN) in the top of the 8th inning of the Dodgers-Cubs game. With one out and one on (R1), Dodgers batter Curtis Granderson attempted to strike a 2-2 knuckle-curve from Cubs pitcher Wade Davis, originally...

[[ This is a content summary only. Visit my website for full links, other content, and more! ]]

View the full article

Register or Sign In to remove these ads

I never understood why they wouldn't let this type of play be replayed.  I have a funny feeling that the replay rule will be "adjusted" this off-season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Umpire in Chief said:

^^^ Agreed

^^^^^^^^ 100%

4 hours ago, lawump said:

I never understood why they wouldn't let this type of play be replayed.  I have a funny feeling that the replay rule will be "adjusted" this off-season.

I think by now you probably know that baseball, from all indications, is much more reactive than pro-active. They need someone like you, that would not be totally off the wall with "what if" plays, to sit down with them and use that legal mind of yours in a pro-active way with the writing (concisely), on the rules and examples of those rules as written, as well as situational IR examples and implementation.