Keeping shoes white

TheRockawayKid
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2349 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

This link should help.  There are a TON of threads about cleaning your shoes.   @BALL4 has my remedy, but to be more specific:  Get a spray bottle from Home Depot and put in a cap-ful of Murphy's Oil Soap, then fill with water.   This is a great cleaner that works wonders on keeping white soles clean.

14 hours ago, jms1425 said:

Scrubbing bubbles bathroom cleaner. Spray it on, let the foam sit for a minute or so, then wipe it off with a towel. Easy-peasy.

Just don't us SB on your shoes EVERY time you clean them.  These cleaners aren't meant for shoes and their chemicals can be quite harsh.   For lots of dirt and mud, and every now and then, sure, but I wouldn't do it after every game.

I use all of the above for general cleaning. But I am still a bit old school and try to get shoes with no or as little white as possible.

I use scrubbing bubbles regularly. I like that they get dirt out of some of the hard to reach areas and out of the seams.

I also use Murphy's Oil Soap. I love this stuff it's my daily cleaner. 

I recently had to make a mad dash for some cleaner b/c the top came off my Murphys. I grabbed the first thing I could under the sink before running off to a game and grabbed La's Totally Awesome and was impressed. 

• Like 1

LA's Totally Awesome is well.......wait for it.......AWESOME.  I used to use Murphys but this is better and cheaper.  Dilute it and it works very well.   I seldom need to use Scrubbing Bubbles.