Discussion of 2017 AL and NL Division Series

Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2354 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Discussion for the 2017 postseason's AL and NL Division Series is open. Home plate umpire performance is listed following the completion of each contest according to pitch f/x and UEFL Rules 6-2-b-a (horizontal bound, "Kulpa Rule") and 6-2-b-b (vertical strike zone, "Miller Rule"). Fouls,...

[[ This is a content summary only. Visit my website for full links, other content, and more! ]]

View the full article

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

46 minutes ago, stkjock said:

RLI called on Zimmerman NLDS game one 9th inning.  

Easy call.  Even with the crap throw from F2 

Don't think it was crap; think it was targeted to get the call.

Cannot for the life of me figure out what the six-person discussion was after the call, unless it was to wonder whether it could be challenged.  I mean, presumably they already had reservations at Rasika, so they didn't need to decide where to eat after the game....

3 hours ago, stkjock said:

I thought it was crap because he had an easy lane to first to get the out, seems to me it’s a higher probably to hit F3 waiting with a glove than a running target that could change his path.  

Cannot say for sure, but maybe he was just following the recommendation/advice, for the reasons mentioned in the article below. He might have read the article in the paper last year, from the CC working the current Yankee Series, and with the future possibility of working his 6th World Series, to tie for the lead in WS appearances over the last 30 years.

I would imagine this is a given, or maybe they figure it out on their own, as one of their (player) options to use ""if"" they feel it would work better.

http://mlb.nbcsports.com/2016/04/05/dana-demuth-do-it-throw-it-into-the-runners-back/