Register or Sign In to remove these ads
Bloodhound1042

New guy on the block

Hey all. Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Rich, I'm from Brooklyn, NY but originally from North Jersey.  I have been an umpire about 16 years and started when I was 14 years old in between my own games and practices.  I currently work 3 different levels: Assistant UIC for the LL District, executive board member of the High School association and do the showcase/travel ball stuff as well.  On Oct 7th, I have my college tryout which I'm looking forward too and of course, that it goes well.  Hope to interact a lot here and continue to learn from some of the veteran guys.

• Like 2

Hey all. Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Rich, I'm from Brooklyn, NY but originally from North Jersey.  I have been an umpire about 16 years and started when I was 14 years old in between my own games and practices.  I currently work 3 different levels: Assistant UIC for the LL District, executive board member of the High School association and do the showcase/travel ball stuff as well.  On Oct 7th, I have my college tryout which I'm looking forward too and of course, that it goes well.  Hope to interact a lot here and continue to learn from some of the veteran guys.
Welcome Rich, happy to have you aboard.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Welcome! This is a great place to learn AND teach (you have significantly more experience than I do).

23 hours ago, Bloodhound1042 said:

welcome. What part of brooklyn and jersey?

On 9/27/2017 at 12:38 PM, BRUMP said:

welcome. What part of brooklyn and jersey?

Grew up in Jersey City and live in Brighton Beach next to Coney Island (walking distance to MCU Park)

9 hours ago, Bloodhound1042 said:

Grew up in Jersey City and live in Brighton Beach next to Coney Island (walking distance to MCU Park)

I’m a Jersey City native myself. My grandfather founded Washington 

LL and was part of the founding of Pershing Field Babe Ruth.

what part of the city?