Register or Sign In to remove these ads
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mike

Is this legal?

Question

Guest Mike

Runner at first, pitcher in the stretch. Runner attempts to steal 2nd on pitchers leg lift. Noticing the runner stealing, pitcher, without hesitation, does inside move(spaghetti, steps over, etc) and throws to 2nd to get the stealing runner. My understanding is that it is not throwing to an unoccupied bag if there is a play being made on a runner attempting to get there. 

6 answers to this question

12 hours ago, Guest Mike said:

Runner at first, pitcher in the stretch. Runner attempts to steal 2nd on pitchers leg lift. Noticing the runner stealing, pitcher, without hesitation, does inside move(spaghetti, steps over, etc) and throws to 2nd to get the stealing runner. My understanding is that it is not throwing to an unoccupied bag if there is a play being made on a runner attempting to get there. 

Well, it *is* throwing to an unoccupied base -- it's just that this is allowed if there is a play being made.  ;)

• Like 1

Register or Sign In to remove these ads
15 minutes ago, Guest Mike said:

Correct

28 minutes ago, Guest Mike said:

My understanding is that it is not throwing to an unoccupied bag if there is a play being made on a runner attempting to get there. 

As Ed McMahon was apt to say, "You are correct, Sir."  

1 hour ago, Guest Mike said:

As said above, you are correct.  I will add that it's nearly impossible for a pitcher to pull this off without motioning home if his intention was to deliver a pitch.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, grayhawk said:

As said above, you are correct.  I will add that it's nearly impossible for a pitcher to pull this off without motioning home if his intention was to deliver a pitch.

So you're saying there is a chance?;)

who has the dumb n dumber clip?

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this