Register or Sign In to remove these ads
JDavis225

Heating and fitting Wilson West Vest Platinum

I've seen it here before but can't find it where someone mentioned heating their West Vest and then shaping it to their body. I'm really interested in this. I see people with virtually invisible chest protectors all the time but can't figure out how to get the same look. I've got a West Vest with Team Wendy padding FYI. Can you guys share your methods of contouring your chest protectors to your bodies? 

Register or Sign In to remove these ads
15 hours ago, JDavis225 said:

I've seen it here before but can't find it where someone mentioned heating their West Vest and then shaping it to their body. I'm really interested in this. I see people with virtually invisible chest protectors all the time but can't figure out how to get the same look. I've got a West Vest with Team Wendy padding FYI. Can you guys share your methods of contouring your chest protectors to your bodies? 

Put it on, strap it up comfortable and go work several plates in 90+ degree weather.  That should do it.

• Like 3

Oo! Oo! My ears are burning, @BT_Blue!

17 hours ago, JDavis225 said:

What model of West Vest is this, @JDavis225?

2 hours ago, conbo61 said:

Put it on, strap it up comfortable and go work several plates in 90+ degree weather.  That should do it.

Trust me I've done my share of 90+ games in that (one this previous weekend in SEPTEMBER). I still don't quite have the fit I want.

1 minute ago, JDavis225 said:

Trust me I've done my share of 90+ games in that (one this previous weekend in SEPTEMBER). I still don't quite have the fit I want.

I had two myself this past weekend.  This process seemed to work fine for me.  I do not possess the abilities of  @MadMax where I am comfortable taking a torch or other external heat source to my beloved Platinum.  Plus you cannot get the 13.5 anymore.

If I may, what straps are you using? Factory or a Delta flex version?

Delta flex. I'm gonna do some more bending today after I let it sit in the sun. It'll be 90 by 3 PM here! 

Let it sit in the sun to soften, then put it on and wear while cutting the grass, walking the dog, washing the car.

Not only will  you mold it, you will give the neighbor's something to talk about...:rock:rock

• Like 1
  • Haha 2