Jump to content

Register or Sign In to remove these ads
HCueds

NB base shoes

Recommended Posts

There’s new base shoes coming out (idk when), and I’ve seen them but I was told not to release the actual picture but, I can post some NB turfs that may or may not look like them. 

74AA3C15-D8A1-4B08-8CA0-354C274DBFCC.png

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Register or Sign In to remove these ads
5 hours ago, BT_Blue said:

If those are what they may/may not look like, those look pretty slick.

as long as they're not in that 'matte' finish like the link photo.  They better be more 'shiny' or at least 'shineable' ...but I think NB gets how the officials are about their shoes, considering they're the only player anymore :rolleyes: 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think "shine"-ability should matter anymore, @Thunderheads. Breathability is an absolute paramount, essential necessity nowadays. As long as they are clean, I don't think anyone is going to ding you for whether or not your shoes are shined.

These 4040's are worth a try, or at least a try-on. Haid's endorsement is rather convincing. Since moving to Arizona a year+2 months ago, I can count on one hand the number of times I've worn my 950's... because it's just too damned hot, and your feet are actually roasting if you wear them out in the sun.

Hey, but they got that shine! :rolleyes:

Edit:
Oh hey, will ya lookatthat Jeff?! They make an "Elements" version. Smooth forefoot and toe upper, no mesh. Must be to keep the damp and snow from seeping through to your socks, eh? Keep your feet warmer? I'm sure you can shine up that part!

L4040-V4E-Black-314f76b5-.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, MadMax said:

I don't think "shine"-ability should matter anymore, @Thunderheads. Breathability is an absolute paramount, essential necessity nowadays. As long as they are clean, I don't think anyone is going to ding you for whether or not your shoes are shined.

These 4040's are worth a try, or at least a try-on. Haid's endorsement is rather convincing. Since moving to Arizona a year+2 months ago, I can count on one hand the number of times I've worn my 950's... because it's just too damned hot, and your feet are actually roasting if you wear them out in the sun.

Hey, but they got that shine! :rolleyes:

Breath-ability is certainly important yes, and NO, they don't HAVE to be shiny.  But that being said,  .... they can't be DULL, like a suede shoe looks either! :(  

@MadMax .... you know shoes ....why can't they have a 'semi-shiny' shoe that breathes ????? :HS 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/19/2017 at 9:16 PM, HCueds said:

There’s new base shoes coming out (idk when), and I’ve seen them but I was told not to release the actual picture but...

Cueds, that's cruel. That's like making cookies in front of us, and saying "No, you can't have any!". 

– 800 points.

 

Dammit, I want cookies now.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/20/2017 at 12:16 AM, HCueds said:

There’s new base shoes coming out (idk when), and I’ve seen them but I was told not to release the actual picture but, I can post some NB turfs that may or may not look like them. 

74AA3C15-D8A1-4B08-8CA0-354C274DBFCC.png

well.. i worn them around town yesterday.. they will need to be broken n.. they are comfy.. light, and lots of traction. they are not as breathable as you think... i will wear them this weekend at a clinic and let you guys know. Buyt they look sweet.. and one of my D1 conference coordinators already said he is fine with us wearing them in games. ( the white on the shoes)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MadMax said:

I don't think "shine"-ability should matter anymore, @Thunderheads. Breathability is an absolute paramount, essential necessity nowadays. As long as they are clean, I don't think anyone is going to ding you for whether or not your shoes are shined.

These 4040's are worth a try, or at least a try-on. Haid's endorsement is rather convincing. Since moving to Arizona a year+2 months ago, I can count on one hand the number of times I've worn my 950's... because it's just too damned hot, and your feet are actually roasting if you wear them out in the sun.

Hey, but they got that shine! :rolleyes:

Edit:
Oh hey, will ya lookatthat Jeff?! They make an "Elements" version. Smooth forefoot and toe upper, no mesh. Must be to keep the damp and snow from seeping through to your socks, eh? Keep your feet warmer? I'm sure you can shine up that part!

L4040-V4E-Black-314f76b5-.jpeg

Thanks Max, ....can't find that "Elements" version on the NB site, oh well.    But ...yes, ....as you know, in the Great Lakes area, HS baseball starts out flipping COLD!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MadMax said:

Cueds, that's cruel. That's like making cookies in front of us, and saying "No, you can't have any!". 

– 800 points.

 

Dammit, I want cookies now.

My points! Let’s just say I’ll try to bake cookies this Sunday if I can get my hands on them.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Thunderheads said:

Thanks Max, ....can't find that "Elements" version on the NB site, oh well.    But ...yes, ....as you know, in the Great Lakes area, HS baseball starts out flipping COLD!

Amazon. Found the two versions – mesh and elements – listed side by side on Amazon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, MadMax said:

Amazon. Found the two versions – mesh and elements – listed side by side on Amazon.

 

On 9/22/2017 at 8:02 AM, Thunderheads said:

Thanks Max, ....can't find that "Elements" version on the NB site, oh well.    But ...yes, ....as you know, in the Great Lakes area, HS baseball starts out flipping COLD!

I couldn't find it either on Amazon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m hereby volunterally forfeiting all of my points, now that I got the entire story the shoes the new balance rep gave my buddy are the elements... 

4C4EDC42-30E1-4BB6-9C22-4D94208D4EE6.jpeg

BA765BE4-09C1-47E0-A414-E9CE0EC3455F.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/23/2017 at 10:44 AM, MadMax said:

Amazon. Found the two versions – mesh and elements – listed side by side on Amazon.

Last place I'd look .... Why doesn't it show up on the New Balance site?  That's strange to me .....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/22/2017 at 4:00 AM, MadMax said:

I don't think "shine"-ability should matter anymore, @Thunderheads. Breathability is an absolute paramount, essential necessity nowadays. As long as they are clean, I don't think anyone is going to ding you for whether or not your shoes are shined.

These 4040's are worth a try, or at least a try-on. Haid's endorsement is rather convincing. Since moving to Arizona a year+2 months ago, I can count on one hand the number of times I've worn my 950's... because it's just too damned hot, and your feet are actually roasting if you wear them out in the sun.

Hey, but they got that shine! :rolleyes:

Edit:
Oh hey, will ya lookatthat Jeff?! They make an "Elements" version. Smooth forefoot and toe upper, no mesh. Must be to keep the damp and snow from seeping through to your socks, eh? Keep your feet warmer? I'm sure you can shine up that part!

L4040-V4E-Black-314f76b5-.jpeg

Pretty wild how the tops of your feet start to burn when you're in a desert setting with highly shined shoes.  It actually begins to hurt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really like the looks of these but I would think that the white on the bottom would get to looking pretty dirty pretty fast..... thoughts? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@grk17, these are presented as "Turf" shoes, meaning they're supposed to be on FieldTurf (artificial) and short, well-kept grass. The white would largely be unaffected by these field conditions; the white would actually blend in with the snow us northerners (well, I'm an ex-northerner) may encounter on our fields.

But we don't exist in a well-groomed, well-manicured, idyllic baseball field world... no no, we come out to do five game sets at skinned multi-use complexes that are used for softball, teeball, the Friday Night Hoedown, and Lawn-Tractor Pulls (just like the tractor pulls at the County Fairgrounds, but smaller) and maintained on budgets that are worse than non-industrialized island micro-nations in SE Asia. So, the bottoms of our shoes get assaulted by any variety of clay, dirt, sand, etc with any hopes of keeping them pristine eviscerated in short order.

@HCueds – +600 points back. I'm withholding 200 points, though... 100 points because you were playing coy, and 100 points because you didn't deliver cookies as you once again, built up our hopes only to dash them.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, grk17 said:

I really like the looks of these but I would think that the white on the bottom would get to looking pretty dirty pretty fast..... thoughts? 

My thoughts are that I don't look at the bottoms of my shoes until I scrub them.  And for that I use hot soapy water and a scrub brush.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, grk17 said:

I really like the looks of these but I would think that the white on the bottom would get to looking pretty dirty pretty fast..... thoughts? 

My thoughts are that I don't look at the bottoms of my shoes until I scrub them.  And for that I use hot soapy water and a scrub brush.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to say that they are pretty good looking shoes.  I have the older NB's in the all black and they lasted me a long time.  I recently switched to the UA's since I knew a few guys that had them but I may switch to these depending on the price. Are there any official reviews out yet on them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Bloodhound1042 said:

I have to say that they are pretty good looking shoes.  I have the older NB's in the all black and they lasted me a long time.  I recently switched to the UA's since I knew a few guys that had them but I may switch to these depending on the price. Are there any official reviews out yet on them?

All I’ve heard so far is that they’re pretty narrow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/25/2017 at 4:12 AM, Thunderheads said:

Last place I'd look .... Why doesn't it show up on the New Balance site?  That's strange to me .....

:nod:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HCueds said:

All I’ve heard so far is that they’re pretty narrow. 

Which would be REALLY out of character for New Balance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×