Register or Sign In to remove these ads
Sign in to follow this  
Rulekeep

Sweet cards!

y'all know I'm all about that hashtag umpfan lyfe. I ordered these (for an atrocious sum) last spring and forgot. Only when I went over to my old house a few days ago and my biological father hand me my mail did I remember. They're all in AWESOME condition. Well worth the money.

edit: some of them uploaded out of order but I have faith that you can figure it out  

IMG_2891.JPG

IMG_2889.JPG

IMG_2892.JPG

IMG_2894.JPG

IMG_2895.JPG

IMG_2896.JPG

IMG_2897.JPG

IMG_2898.JPG

• Like 1

Register or Sign In to remove these ads

Pretty cool... although Gerry Davis now lives in Huntington Beach, CA.

4 hours ago, Mudisfun said:

Pretty cool... although Gerry Davis now lives in Huntington Beach, CA.

Well, these are hardly updated. I have a sneaking suspicion that Reagan is not still Dave Pallone's hero, and Brian Gorman is rather babyfaced. Unfortunately these don't have a publish date on them like normal baseball cards and I can't track down the receipt. 

edit: omg I need to update my lens prescription the first four do (2004) but the last four don't. 

The top two cards (the ones using italic font) were printed in 1989. The bottom two cards using roman font (the upright font) were printed in 1988 by T&M Sports (complete set of 63 cards). I believe T&M also printed a set of umpire cards in 1990.

Your 2004 cards were printed by Topps and they called the set Bowman Heritage. That’s because the cards are using the same design as the 1955 Bowman cards which was the last year Bowman was in business. They were bought out by Topps after the 1955 print run.

The 1955 Bowman set (which your 2004 cards are based on) had 320 cards of which 30 cards were of umpires. The umpire subset of cards was a complete failure. They were the first cards kids would throw away thus making a complete set of 1955 Bowmans a rarity (and worth about $8500).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Senor Azul said:

The top two cards (the ones using italic font) were printed in 1989. The bottom two cards using roman font (the upright font) were printed in 1988 by T&M Sports (complete set of 63 cards). I believe T&M also printed a set of umpire cards in 1990.

Your 2004 cards were printed by Topps and they called the set Bowman Heritage. That’s because the cards are using the same design as the 1955 Bowman cards which was the last year Bowman was in business. They were bought out by Topps after the 1955 print run.

The 1955 Bowman set (which your 2004 cards are based on) had 320 cards of which 30 cards were of umpires. The umpire subset of cards was a complete failure. They were the first cards kids would throw away thus making a complete set of 1955 Bowmans a rarity (and worth about $8500).

this is really cool information and I'm glad you added it but why is it so large that's what she said

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this